Poll: Favorite abbreviation for s&box

Top 10 best s&box name aliases of all years 2020
  • s&box
  • sbox
  • sandbox

0 voters

4 Likes

s&box is unique, manages to portray the meaning of the name very easily, and works with google, but might cause some issues with some search engines that use & as conditional syntax

sbox doesn’t roll off the tongue, I don’t really like that. Also kind of reminds me of xbox. Might have other meanings already in use, could cause confusion and isn’t really good for discoverability

sandbox is an already ubiquitous word and isn’t easy to “conquer”, will probably cost a lot to make the game appear as top results in searches. I mean, imagine this - when searching for ‘best sandbox gamemodes’, are you looking for gamemodes for this game or for the games that had the best sandbox gamemode?

s&box seems to be the best choice then in my opinion.

2 Likes

Steam doesn’t allow the symbol “&” in the title of a game, so it’s probably going to be named Sandbox or Sbox on steam.

2 Likes

That is strange, considering we’ve seen the game name with that in the title.
Perhaps it’s restricted for released games?
unknown

2 Likes

Maybe that’s a s&box exclusive. Who knows. But to get back to the favorite abbreviations.
Mine’s definitely s&box. It’s easier to type sbox, but s&box just looks better in my opinion.

2 Likes

Speaking from a programming point I’d probably name all my responsitories sbox-something.

Otherwise, s&box is nice.

3 Likes

I mostly just stick to sandbox, sbox doesn’t sound as nice in my head and writing out s&box every time feels a bit too formal imo

Code wise I’ll just follow whatever’s used the most which’ll probably be sbox if I had to guess

2 Likes

Seems like Facepunch officially calls it “sbox”, look at the url.

2 Likes

URLs can’t contain &, there’s plenty of places it’s not a valid character sadly.

2 Likes

Facepunch can’t use & in the steam game name so they will either use sbox or sandbox.
I know that Sandbox VR is copyright so we’ll have to see how this one goes, maybe they will decide to rename the game.

2 Likes

s8box. It’s looks similar, is easier to type and works with technical names (urls, code) too. Should work on Steam as well, but that might not work as an official name such as “s&box” that well.

2 Likes

Seightbox

2 Likes