Polygon limit?

What is the polygon limit for Garrys Mod? I found a very good model but I think it is over the limit. It has about 66,800 polygons and I think that it is over the limit but, I wanted to ask here just to be sure.

You might be able to compile it.

You need GUIstuidomdl and check the two boxes with “Ignore warnings” “No warnings” it should compile then without stopping.

Atleast it works for me most of the time.

The limit is i think 40k , but you might bypass it with GUIstudiomdl.

I was asking because I found this (http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3ds-max-t-rex-ultimate/501592) and I was wondering if it would be possible to get it into Gmod.

I’ve never encountered any polygon limits on the orangebox engine as of yet, I’ve been doing 50,000+ poly models

People like S-low have managed to put models with 110k polys on Source, so 66k cant be a problem.

I think I remember a relatively experienced Source modeler over at Interlopers say the limit is somewhere around 300k. At least, that’s when the compiler starts having major issues.

I think you should be ok.

i’ve compile around 200k without a problem. But you need to split up the meshes, each one must be 25k per, and you can compile more than one smd in the qc.

it’s fucking high poly. source do not approve it.