PolyStrike WIP

Finaly I can leave dota modding and start working in s&box!

right now you can check a huge work done in gameplay videos:

Pre-alpha:

Open Beta:

14 Likes

I really hope this is a gamemode we can play on release.

2 Likes

You’ve been given S&box early access?

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

not yet

2 Likes

Following dev of this has been great and you’ve made some serious progress. I can’t believe you got all this on DOTA.

Can’t wait to hop on and play it. Literally downloading DOTA just to try

1 Like

nice man! Good luck, have fun )

3 Likes

I’m amazed to see how much you can do with Dota 2 Modding

Also, the art (lighting and shading mostly) is exactly how I like top down games to look like, it looks very pleasant.

1 Like

thanks man! Do you want to see PolyStrtike as top down or FPS?

1 Like

Top down is fun and all, but I think I still prefer FPS style as it gives me a bit more freedom.

2 Likes

ppl think that FPS PolyStrike it will be just clone, but no, another weapons, new maps, new style, effects, new gamemodes = new game

2 Likes

This really is amazing, and honestly could see this popping off just like Counter Strike Classic Offensive. Incredible job, would love to try it.

1 Like

I think that Top Down Shooters in this vein have their own special kind of feeling to them, I’d much prefer that this stays a top down.

Truthfully if this goes to be FPS, this is just gonna feel like another CS knockoff. It’s still got it’s own sense of unique flare like this and I think it should keep that flare.

1 Like

Make this an fps will be opening a can of worms: how do you deal with movement and shooting mechanics? Is it a tac shooter? Or more of a run and gun game? I guess it’s worth exploring a little tech demo and see what people prefer, but I’m willing to bet that if this was fps people wouldn’t care as much.

Drop the cs theme and create your own topdown beast. CS maps weren’t made for topdown gameplay. Create your own maps with breaching mechanics (a la hotline or police stories but 5v5 and pvp), cramped interiors with plenty of doors you can kick or wallbang or slightly open and toss a nade in, etc

1 Like

yeah cs maps very bad for top down

1 Like

I think it would be cool if you gave an option to phase from third person to first person & vise versa.

2 Likes

You mean top-down instead of third-person, right?
I think that’s a bad idea. Having first-person and top-down separated would be better in my opinion.

1 Like

Not gonna lie, this could be interesting

Don’t know if it would be a good gameplay mechanic, but I’d like to try…
You could go from one view to the other to get the best of each: precise aiming = first-person; better overall view of map = top-down

1 Like

Yea top down to first person, vise versa. I’m pretty sure there is a COD zombies game that does this. I think it is when you collect some kind of powerup, maybe it’s allowed at all times. But I’ve definitely seen it before. It wouldn’t be too hard to implement, would be cool though.

1 Like

It’d be bad let’s be honest.

1 Like