A fully functional Portal Gun. This is by far the most eloquent and bug-free portal gun available within Garry’s Mod.
Left click to shoot a blue portal. Right click to shoot an orange portal. Reload to remove all portals. Press E to pick up an item.
TO MAKE THE PORTALS WORK RIGHT, RUN “r_novis 1” IN CONSOLE.
• Portals which look exactly like the portals in Portal 1, with seamless rendering
• Walk through portals just like the game. No more sucking or poofing!
• Standalone, does not require Portal or Portal 2 to work correctly.
• Velocity is (almost) entirely preserved as you enter the portal.
• Optional dynamic lights
• Shoot through portals
• Take props through portals
• Several convars to adjust the portal gun to your liking (listed below).
• portal_arm <0|1> Whether to show the arm in the viewmodel. Requires Portal 2. (default 0)
• portal_beta_borders <0|1> Whether to use different textures for the portals. (default 0)
• portal_borders <0|1> Whether to render portal borders at all (default 1; 0 somewhat improves performance)
• portal_crosshair <0|1> Whether to use the portal crosshair (default 1)
• portal_dynamic_light <0|1> Whether to use dynamic lights with the portals (default 0; 0 drastically improves performance)
• portal_limitcarry <0|1> Whether to limit the portalgun to pick up portal props only (default 1)
• portal_projectile_speed <number> The speed of the projectile shot by the portal gun (default 3500)
• portal_render <0|1> whether to render the other side of the portal (default 1; 0 drastically improves performance)
• Can’t select the model for tools like button or thruster in sandbox
• Portal projectiles don’t exist in multiplayer
• Multiplayer in general is very unreliable
• Props sometimes fall through the floor when they move through the portal
• Roof portals don’t preserve velocity for players.
Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible, including but not limited to:
**Bobblehead **- Making it actually work and look nice.
**Blackops **- Much Code and models.
**Mahalis **- Some code
**Fernando5567 **- Much code
**Matsilagi **- Models/effects/testing
**Dr. Awesome **- Swirly beta portal materials