Porting from Rainbow Six: Vegas 2

Hello. I want to port some things from Vegas 2, but I don’t know how… That’s rather everything I want to say…

Thanks in advance for any help.

Umodel for meshes
texmod for textures

yeh, but how can i extract meshes from uppc file?

And I’m getting an Virus attention when running texmod.

Then it’s a false positive. It’s possible you are getting it, since texmod has to load itself into the program to capture the textures though.

And umodel allows you to extract from the UPPCs. Just use the commandline arguments -extract and -all

[editline]23rd August 2011[/editline]

Then it’s a false positive. It’s possible you are getting it, since texmod has to load itself into the program to capture the textures though.

And umodel allows you to extract from the UPPCs. Just use the commandline arguments -extract and -all

For the record - it also extracts the textures, but RSv2 is a special case and you can’t get the fullsized textures via umodel.

I am getting a “can’t find game files (0 skipped)” or something like that.

But models does load into umodel. I just can’t export that by command line.

uh
try making a batch script
pathtoumodel -export -all %1
and just drag and drop the UPPC on top of that. I’ll have to take a look at the script I use, but that ought to work.

I’ll be grateful, if you lend me your script. I am using UModel since today, and I suck at porting from UEngine games.

I wonder…

would this work for Mirror’s Edge? It runs on a modified UE3…

it does as I and multiple other people have done it but don’t expect to get vehicles or weapons

I want that tree model, but i guess vehicles would have made a nice touch

but they’re so low poly anyways it wouldn’t be worth it

are the civilians extractable?

some of the vehicles are actually p. high quality considering you don’t see them much

as far as I know the only things with problems are the guns and vehicles and a few misc models - you can still extract them, but unlike the characters and shit, they run on multiple UV maps and umodel doesn’t support that so you end up with broken UVs

But the unwrapping for the bits is still the same, the parts are merely moved around. So you can fix it up pretty easily as far as I know.

Mega bump.

I need some advices on that, maybe because V2 has some really good models I want to extract.

EDIT:
If someone care, I got over this shit and now I’m able to import models straight to 3ds max.

Just drag a package on a umodel (make sure if you’re draging it straight from original directory). Then Ctrl+X and you have a .psk file. Import it to 3ds max using ActorX plugin. There are some problems with getting textures with umodel.

EDIT:
Most of gun textures are only 512X512. And I had to use TexMod to get them. Umodel was giving me 128X128 gun textures.