Porting TTT_Clue to S&Box

For the past week I have been developing Clue with richer detail, and atmosphere, I am working with the TTT reborn team to create a optimal map for their gamemode.
Pictures:

Development Stage:
Currently I have the basic blockout completed and I am now working on advanced blockouts of the map I will upload pictures of each room I complete, those pictures allthough not everything is the stuff that sums it up most. If you have any question Ill be happy to answer it.
Notes:
I currently do not have access to S&Box and I am making sure not to use any alyx assets besides dev textures, all models will be most likley made by myself and textures aswell.

9 Likes

You’re doing a really great job mate! I didn’t expected that detail in work. Keep up the work, nice progress in such a short time :slight_smile:

ahhh clue, What a great map! good to see a man of culture keeping the flame alive! :clap:

Was a bit busy yesterday so I wasn’t able to do much work.
Added:

• Textures
2 Likes

Update on assets, currently the previous clue textures are placeholders and later on Ill be getting hd/ really high quality ones online, models idk know about still.

1 Like

that’s neat! super cool!

Dev Log -

• Finished Library
  • Finished Living Room
  • Finished piano room
  • Finished Bosses office
    Tomorrows Plan -
  • Dining Room
  • Kitchen
  • First Floor Hidden Area
3 Likes

https://gyazo.com/d8ea7afc7b2cac77d1

• Dev Log
  • Added Large Family Room
  • Added Cellar
    -Added Kitchen
    -Added Dining Room
  • Added Bathroom
    Tomorrows Plan -
  • Add Final room on first floor

Wasnt able to finish the first floor today as I have to wake up early, and I wont be able to get much work done as well as I will be gone for most of the day.

2 Likes

Looks great! I hope that you will make interactive stuff from the original md_clue

Looks good mate. Quick feedback about your post tho. It would be way nicer to browse if you posted direct image links so they would embed, and we wouldn’t have top open them in new tabs. You just gotta write the direct image link like so:
https://i.gyazo.com/e785585ca74c23d85f1e9181b87282b1.jpg gives:

2 Likes

Yeah I have that stuff and I plan on adding alot of other fun interactice physicic tiems and stuff just to do on the map

1 Like

Looks great so far! Can’t wait to see more. You’re doing a really nice job! Loving the textures choice so far.

1 Like

Dev Log -

• Added all bedrooms (wont shown as they aren’t much different from each other)
  • Completed Lobby
  • Completed 2nd Floor
  • Completed 2nd Floor Side Hallway
  • Completed First Floor

Sorry for not posting recently, I had some stuff to do and I needed a break, I wont be able to do much work tmr but Sunday Ill be able to get back to work. I plan on finishing the attic and get to work on the outside environment. Then the week after that Ill finish up basement, and Ill redo anything I wanted redone. Then I should have access to s&box and start porting it over and doing things such as entity support. I have 12 days left, and it seems to be going full speed so hopefulyl I get it soon!

9 Likes

Dev Log -

• Added more detail to marble meshes in Lobby
  • Added Marble Pillars in side hallway
  • Changed a few textures

Going to be busy for the rest of the day so just a small dev log
Going to return and get to work on the attic sunday.

11 Likes

Sorry for the lack of updates, my powersupply has gone bad and I am resorting to using my old laptop, I wont be able to work on the map as its in my storage on the pc, I should get it up and running by the end of this week.

4 Likes

Hey guys, got some great news for everyone. For a quick summary my pc broke and I haven’t been able to access the drive. But I have gotten a quick laptop that can handle s&boxs stuff and Im waiting for a storage adapter to get dropped off. And for the last piece of news is that I finally got access which will mean Ill have to work on porting it over once I finally get the adapter.

4 Likes

I got the map finally and got it ported over. I still need to replace some of the assets that I were using from alyx, (very few) and I had to delete a few brush as weirdly it was detecting some to be invalid even though they werent in alyx, and I had to rewrite alot of materials due to corruption but I was able to fix the smudgy that came alot with all the textures. Its still quite laggy so idk how much work I can still work with it

4 Likes

It’s… beautiful. Can’t wait to play TTT on it lol

Sad news for everyone, I am currently unable to finish the map due to my current issues, slow pc and just having a busy life. I will be resuming it in december though most likley possibly earlier unsure though. I might just upload the current map with unfinished areas, basement and attic though. This goes for all projects I am working on.

1 Like

good idea! sometimes breaks help you come back stronger, I think if you uploaded it as a beta it would still be fun to run around in.

Also just a suggestion, Some materials seem to shiny, the black marble pillars against walls in the hallway upstairs and the checkered floor tile in the main center room. Not sure if its the lighting or the roughness on the materials just something to think about playing with.

Loved the progression!