This last update has surely taken Rust to an acceptable level of play. Very playable now from a layman’s point of view.
Knowing FP, there is more they would like to do, but I would like to suggest a point in time love in…
EDIT: I would also like to add, that my friend was not playing Rust prior to this update due to the issues. My friend quite enjoyed their time playing and commented how much better the game was.
- Played for over 12hrs straight, with some help from a friend and built a nice Stone base with no real issues with the missing Demolish. I was left primarily alone on my out the way base which probably helped. I gradually built and used twig to shape my place. Of course I left out the window sniping post, and after upgrading to stone this will be difficult to get in, but I left it out to ensure better security. If I want to snipe, I would need to get out and make a sniping tower separate to my base.
- Game play and performance were good. In fact, the server was giving me about 15-20 FPS, but was sufficient for most PVP. This could be improved, but was definitely playable.
- Have learned many new workarounds to survive and balance is good across the board
- Weapon balance is good
- Durability is good. Really appreciate the Repair bench. The cost to upgrade is good.
- RAD is a bit high, but I was able to make several RAD visits with some of my learned workarounds. Now I can get in to RAD and get several booty grabs any time the camping CLANS allow me to.
- The excessive cold/hot issue did not impact me. I guess it was that I was able to avoid those regions until I had sufficient clothing. If you have the right clothing, you should be good to go.
- Environment and Sounds are great. Really feels nice to run around look for PVP fights to avoid. All I need now is a bright fluffy white scared rabbit tail
- I believe the low airdrops have really improved the fairness of reaching an airdrop.