Post your random models here!

so i know people have their own modelling threads and stuff, but this is just for random little models you are working on for sbox, if they are basic or advance, and if they even get into the game, its here for you to throw it in rather than splitting off into a million other topics.
just feel free to show stuff in here. (even if its a default cube wearing a fancy hat!)

like this, i made a quick basic globe which i think is pretty accurate, basic but i think its the best globe to exist!

14 Likes

Finally a globe of the flatgrass / construct geography

4 Likes

its a map of all the places i have been in the world and Ireland too never been there but thought to include it.

although i got my next “big” model in mind, a robot based around the citizen rig, with like a old style cinematic camera as its head.
but i still got to piece together my ideas, and its gonna take longer since im gonna ad tubes and pipes and rigid bits of metal and such i hope
gotta do alot more work than the skeleman, but it should have less issues since i learnt mistakes from the skeleman already

1 Like

ok this is going to be the said robots head but i just threw it together and still need to do a bunch o stuff and make the lower poly mesh and bake normals and such down, but i got something to go from with a basic idea of it and such

im gonna make a jaw shaped piece of metal that is “screwed” into the camera to act as the jaw
this will take me a while to sort out and i might not finish it since soon i will be working on gamemode models soon for a future project in sbox, but i might get around to finish this at some point, if not i can just make this camera its own model

6 Likes

here a thing, although this is a quick block out type thing just to get an idea for what it should be like for a gamemode idea, that hopefully will work and come out for sbox when sbox comes out or i get access or whatever, although who knows, it could be lost to time, but yeah no textures or anything yet since i dont want to commit 100% without knowing if the gamemode would work, just used different materials in blender to do a quick define of what areas should be what colour, but it would maybe have eyes and such later on, yeah the shading is fucked, but if i actually do it i can make it properly and fix that stuff, also one last thing, no not a furry, its a onesie or costume type of thing.

5 Likes

I decompiled the models from the new BFBB game and put em in Source 2.

Once again, the ease of use the new tools provide is awesome.

9 Likes

quick update on the terry godzilla,
got bored just now so decided to do a couple of things on the model to entertain myself.
The cuffs actually look more like cuffs like on a hoodie and such would have and has little soft spikes on his back and a more felt texture to look more like a onesie.
although who knows if his will be used for my game mode idea, if it does not work then it can just be another funny outfit for the citizen terry model.

(note things i wanna do is actually having a smooth actual seam between the belly fabric looking like they are stitched together and the inside mouth fabric, maybe getting some little fake eyes on it too and then will have to rig it and get some custom animations on it for things like a slash, tail whip, punch, stomp and so on, so either i will somehow fix the rig that currently isnt in a good state to animate with or have to create a completely new rig which is really not ideal imo)
quick update later in the day since i couldn’t sleep despite being tired, so decided to actually poof out the arms and leg sleeves… what the fuck are sleeves called when they are for legs, like arms have sleeves and legs have… idk leg sleeves, who knows, im too sleepy to know.

9 Likes

where googly eyes

4 Likes

below the image thats one of the things i still wanna do

2 Likes

Character from Blacklight Retribution. Still working on figuring out to add sequences and animations for SFM.

5 Likes

this is a piece of shit lollypop i made in like 30 mins to an hour or something with normal map that no one would see in the gamemode and some lods a high res to very low res that people also probably wouldn’t notice in the gamemode just in case, no one will see it up close in the actual gamemode so dont worry about the high res lod and normal its just there incase i use it for other shit, i dont want to go back and find the file just to add a high res lod, also if some evil thief was to steal it and use it for their own shit, i dont want them stuck with a god awful low res piece of shit. even if it would be funny since they are a thief and i will never forgive them, i still know the pain of doing that in the past and being stuck with a low res piece of shit and trying to make it higher res manually. 0-0

5 Likes

next one although this is still WIP and the shape seems kinda off to me so i can go and fix that, the foil is just a random precaudal texture with nodes so i can still fuck around with shit and not mess it up, and this is also more of a background type item, just blocking most of it out here then will retopologize it to a lower poly model (need to fix it though since some parts are too square shaped but i got the basic idea there will fix it) and bake a normal map and such and ideally make a proper texture logo on the wrapping and also make the textures overall a tiny bit better

3 Likes

quick update, made the chocolate and did a basic job on the retopology, but its gonna be seen from a distance so it isnt too important, even though the final product was like 400verts i still made LODs (you know i wanna get in the habit of just trying to optimise this stuff, especially if the gamemode will have multiple of these “candy” items around it piles up quickly)

4 Likes

the crumpled-up aluminum is… not crumpled up enough! Who rolls up their aluminum foil like they roll up their sleeves…

2 Likes

idk how people do it, i just bite into it with the wrapping still on, yummy tasty crunchy and makes my teeth hurt from the aluminium, yum yum yum

1 Like

what the fuck?

3 Likes

next little candy type item is a cookie, and to repeat, this will be another background item, so yes, i could add alot of detail and i do want to improve it a bit more the detail would get lost easily, but this is the basis of what im working with right now, will do a couple of things, but this is currently not an inagme model this is just a bunch of shit throw together and a texture on stop to mess around with to give an example and to work ontop of and from

ignore the shit gif quality please, it looks alot better and less choppy in blender see

this is the closets anyone will ever see this awful cookie

6 Likes

Take this s&box key model (not an actual steam key)

2 Likes

Every time I see this I just see “no u” on the side. Great model though :clap:

1 Like

i gotta redo it, its scuffed,
also fuck me i trying to try painted textures, you know how WOW does it, i think i will try the method i have been doing now instead since painted textures is not worth the effort atm unless its for more themed maps since the stuff i made would clash with the painted stuff i reckon

1 Like