Potential new item?

I’ve been watching the dev team’s Trello like a hawk, particularly because I really dig the new UI, but Garry posted a picture of him testing the crafting cues on the new UI today, and what’s that I see on the #1 block in his equipped inventory??

Some kind of knife-esque item? It might not even be something that’s implemented, maybe something else that was being tested at the time, but I can’t help but be hopeful :stuck_out_tongue:

Please share your thoughts below :slight_smile:

Well, Its called the Bone Knife, It is in the item editor website and It was an accepted item.

Oh nice! Thanks for the info! :slight_smile:

Wauw… a knife… jeej…

•   -

What would you like to see added to the game Da Stick?

The Item Editor site is right here, It shows some stuff accepted for the game including the knife and the bear trap. http://admin.playrust.com/item/list/

In the long run.

Better defence obviously… That’s pretty much #1 for me currently in Rust.

You can’t do jack against people raiding your base if you’re offline.^^

Well hopefully the next update will include some good stuff like that but I dont know. I wish we had atleast an ETA of the next update.

Thanks! :smile:

[editline]13th March 2014[/editline]

I agree, I’m hoping at the least since it’s been so long since the last one that the next one will be killer. But we’ll see…

Wouldn’t count on it… However with the new system they’re having (item creator) it COULD go super fast. But we’ll just have to wait.

Who knows !

We need something from any of the devs. We have not heard anything regarding the update, except from a Facebook post, which I don’t think was real because it was so poorly written.

The “accepted” items are not actually accepted.

The item editor is still a WIP, this bone knife is probably a test.
Of course that’s not to say that it won’t be added, no one knows for sure.

What they could add, is like a mine that you could place in your house when you log out, and it only triggers if someone is really close, and it can one shot you, so basiclly you could fill your base and outside with this before you log out, and it will be very raid proof, also it takes allot to create and you can see it, also the player who placed it should be able to disarm it and pick it back up :D, and you who placed the mine does not trigger his own mines :slight_smile: That would be so cool, and maybe if they add so you only can place them on YOUR foundation, to prevent griefing :). Also if you found a random mine, before triggering it, you could disarm it by shooting it to make it explode or throw granades and such :smiley:

Garry has said himself that items there are accepted items, even though that some of the items have been in the game. Most likely it is a test like you said.

Did you read the quote that I posted from Garry?

Yes I did, its just confusing they are accepted, but not accepted. Whatever let’s just leave it here.