Realistic Zombie Survival RPG
What is it?
- A Garry’s Mod 13+ Gamemode.
- A Zombie-Themed Gamemode.
- A Very Immersive and Unique Gamemode.
- What hopes to be a renamed, interactive modification for Half Life 2. And at one point, a full standalone video game. (I get ahead of myself :P)
What will this gamemode include?
- A large, open map. It will include small towns, a mainland area, several open fields, mountains, roads, and a military base. That includes it’s signature feature, “the bunker.”
- An autospawn system, for supplies (Weapons, Food, Water, Medicine, and Building & Crafting Materials)
- A Clothing Mod (To be added after the Beta)
- Custom Animations
- An Ecosystem! (If a certain amount of zombies are left alone, or not killed. Less Bandits & Survivors will appear. And if enough zombies are killed, more Bandits & Survivors will appear.)
- A Realistic, Post-Apocalyptic Economy.
- A Factions System, To Create your own societies!
- A Market, that is only accessible in a NPC town. Completely defended and populated with NPCs, that is a “safe haven” with new players. If it is over-run: (Mostly because not enough Zombies were killed, so the ecosystem will take effect, and the town will be over-run, and the market will remove itself until it is completely removed of zombies) Anyways, the market will be a place for people to buy/sell. Hopefully a script will be coded so that NPCs will also randomly buy/sell items as well. Then use them! (Post-Official Feature)
- Realistic Weapons, VEHICLES (NOT JUST CARS!), and other items.
- A Realistic spawning system. For example, if there is no ammo, but a lot of guns, the market will appear with more ammo, and it will be spawned more.
- An Anti-Cheat System. (If any hacks are made, and/or used.)
- A Custom Weapon Selection Menu.
- A Custom HUD.
- A Skills System. So, by doing/not doing something, that “skill” will increase/decrease, just like it would in real-life!
- A Character Creation Menu! You can customize your player-model, his back story, description, and more! Best of all. People who are uncreative, and like to minge around, like in Clockwork gamemodes. Will have a randomly generated description, and be marked on a list, that is view able to only administrators, to have him/her change it.
What will the HUD Include?
- Your Health.
- Your Armor.
- Your Current Enabled Super Skill. [Such as increased speed, can only last so long until you become extremely tired, and in need of food and water.]
- Your current thirst, hunger, stamina, and level of emotion. [You can get scared, mad, sad, happy, upset, frustrated, angry, or depressed. This will cause in a increase/decrease in certain skills.]
Will there be a Global Database?
Yes. There will be multiple servers. With Multiple maps. Your character, what he/she has, and what state he/she is in.
Will there be a chat system?
Yes. Both Voice and Chat. Obviously already in the game, but will be heavily modified.
The OOC chat system will only allow you to ask questions in, “Newbie” chat, and only allow you to say certain terms. This will only be added (With the exception of the Newbie chat) if there is too much meta-gaming.
What happens if the ecosystem fails, and everywhere is zombies, and the game becomes unplayable? [Or something of that sort]
Then I have a team of admins do everything manually, and fix the issues until I can fix it.
Will you use ULX?
Yes. But I will also be using another administrative system, which will have commands and tools for the purpose of moderating the gamemode. Not the server.
Why is there no videos, screenshots? How do we know this can happen?
Do you understand the term pre-production? That means, this is BEFORE or PRIOR to the actual gamemode. I am writing, planning, and coding the BASICS!
What to join the team? (Which only consists of me, as I write this post.) (I’m recruiting coders, not hiring. I also do not really “teach” new coders, because I’m not SUPER advanced, just between mediocre and advanced)
(Which only consists of me, as I write this post.)
Please contact me on Steam, here on the forums with a PM, or my email.
Steam: [EN] Victor Elliot <— THAT IS THE EXACT NAME I AM CURRENTLY GOING BY, AND DO NOT SEE REASON TO CURRENTLY CHANGE. COPY AND PASTE THAT INTO THE FRIENDS SEARCH DIRECTORY ON STEAM.
Well, hope the community is good to me, and enjoys this… I didn’t get off to a good start with Facepunch, sorry bout’ that.
I AM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS, YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE EXTREMELY NICE. (Keep in mind… I DO have feelings though, and I love the criticism if it helps, but I prefer it be as kind as you can be, without going a little crazy.)