Problem purchasing Gmod, and I have a source game.

I’m having trouble purchasing Gmod, I have Portal installed, yet it still tells me “Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy a game that requires ownership of another game you do not currently own. Please correct the error and try again.” I don’t know if the fact that I was able to grab a free copy of Portal during that week/weekend makes me unable to purchase it and I don’t know where to turn from here :.

Thanks in advance,
Boomer.

That doesn’t count from what I understand… >.<

You cannot purchase/use Garry’s Mod with a free game offer. You need to purchase a Source engine game.

Oh okay, just wanted to make sure before I purchased one. What would you guys recommend? The Garry’s Mod + Counter Strike: Source bundle?

I would highly recommend buying it with Counter-Strike: Source. A lot of the servers use content from Counter-Strike.

^This, or just get Valve complete pack if you have the money.

I’d say get it with TF2. You may not get the props from Counter-strike, but you’ll at least have a pretty awesome, and fairly recent game.

Awesome. Thank you guys so much for the help, I’m excited to get started once they are done installing.