Problem with gmod

Hi im not new to garrys mod. Ive played it on this computer before…well it ran slow but it worked. Everytime i started gmod it would get to the loading screen and then crash and my computer would restart. When i put in -dxlevel 70 it will run and get the menu screen. When it gets to the menu screen it will be partially blacked out in a lot of random places but i managed to get on a server with it working okay except some stuff wouldnt show up. Any other -dxlevel will either crash my comp or it wont work.

System hardware specs

• Processor: Intel Core 2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz
  • RAM: 1.99 GB of RAM
  • Graphics Card: Intel GMA 3000 (Intel G965 Express Chipset Family)
  • Operating System:Windows XP

Addons you have installed:
none

Your graphics Card…sucks!

I highly reccomend you to buy another computer. otherwise, playing GMod will be a nightmare for you.

hahahha yes i know that timmy this a pretty bad gfx card and im planning on getting a new one soon. Im not sure but i think the gfx card is the only bad thing about this comp. So is the problem just my gfx card???

It’s not the ONLY problem, infact your entire system is pretty bad. But your graphics card is the only thing holding you back from playing Garry’s Mod.

It’s not really worth buying a new Graphics Card for that system, I reccomend building a new one full stop.