Problem With Renaming Sandbox Gamemode

I’ve tried renaming the folder of the sandbox gamemode, so it’s not modified by the HLDS updater, and I’ve run into a few problems. It works perfectly when it’s named sandbox, but if I change it to anything else, the evolve scoreboard turns into the regular scoreboard, I get some weird half of a derma menu at the top left of my screen, and my console is flooded with yellow messages like:

[lua]
Couldn’t include file ‘controls\manifest.lua’ (File not found) (@builddm\gamemode\spawnmenu\controlpanel.lua (line 14))
Couldn’t include file ‘ToolMenuButton.lua’ (File not found) (@builddm\gamemode\spawnmenu oolpanel.lua (line 2))
Couldn’t include file ‘contextmenu.lua’ (File not found) (@builddm\gamemode\spawnmenu\spawnmenu.lua (line 3))
Couldn’t include file ‘CreationMenu.lua’ (File not found) (@builddm\gamemode\spawnmenu\spawnmenu.lua (line 4))
Registering gamemode ‘builddm’ derived from ‘base’
Couldn’t include file ‘shared.lua’ (File not found) (@entities\mario_sent_atomic_bomb\cl_init.lua (line 5))
Couldn’t include file ‘shared.lua’ (File not found) (@entities\mk-82-fragile_sent_atomic_bomb\cl_init.lua (line 5))
vgui.Create: Error when calling ‘ToolMenu’:Init ([builddm\gamemode\spawnmenu oolpanel.lua:84] attempt to index local ‘item’ (a nil value))
vgui.Create: Error when calling ‘SpawnMenu’:Init ([builddm\gamemode\spawnmenu\spawnmenu.lua:14] attempt to index field ‘ToolMenu’ (a nil value))
Hook ‘CreateSpawnMenu’ Failed: [builddm\gamemode\spawnmenu\spawnmenu.lua:193] attempt to index global ‘g_SpawnMenu’ (a nil value)
[/lua]

I know all those files exist. I have checked them several times. I have run servers in the past, these problems have never happened to me before, so I don’t really know how to fix it. Anyone have any ideas?

When you rename it, Lua files can’t find the sandbox gamemode.