Problem with Wiremod, Spacebuild 3, and LS3

I’m new here, so hi and all that. I originally posted this on the wiremod forum, but was redirected here. I don’t want to type the whole thing out again, so…

copy
paste

I can’t seem to wire up certain Wiremod devices (buttons and numpad input, possibly others that I haven’t tried yet) with Spacebuild 3 installed. The wire tool won’t do anything when I try to fire it at a button, and it won’t even bring up the input name tooltip when I aim at it. Gates, detectors, radios, and storage devices seem to work fine. Also, I have the same problem when I try to wire up Spacebuild 3 devices (generators and such). Everything works as it should with Spacebuild 2 and Lifesupport 2 (which I no longer have installed, so it shouldn’t be conflicting with those).

I’m using GMod SVN Updater 2.2.3 and have Wiremod and Spacebuild 3 BETA checked and downloaded (along with everything under those). I just finished a complete wipe/reinstall of Garry’s Mod (in which I deleted the local content through Steam, then manually removed the garrysmod folder from steamapps/sparrowkap) and re-downloaded Wiremod and Spacebuild 3, but am still having the same problem.

20% thanks in advance (the rest to be delivered upon successful resolution of the problem) :stuck_out_tongue:

Update: Durr… I keep forgetting that I need to click the destination device BEFORE the sending device with wiremod… although I still can’t seem to hook up the hydro generator. Everything else seems to work, though.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! you a rule breaker! you could get banned for that!

lol jk
Some mods create conflicts with each other, so try finding out which one (yes that means to use trial and error, and I know it sucks…)

You connect everything to the resource node. Also, make sure your link width is around 2.0.

Make sure you have the latest version of both Wiremod and SB3 and that you don’t have any other mods which might cause conflicts.

He is having a problem with wiring, not linking SB entities. The width has nothing to do with it. Bad reading for you.