Problems getting into the game.

I bought this game just before Christmas hoping to get into it over the holiday break. I’ve been unable to play the game at all. I’ve downloaded the game through steam, installed it. And upon trying to play the game I get a full screen of this -

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/488937322329791931/AF8FA77441F584A249564EBD6079B3FFF035052A/

This screen is displayed just after the “PlayRust Configuration” window. I have tried running in windowed mode. Lowering / raising the graphics quality and also playing with the resolution.

Supposedly this is a common screen to appear but disappears after awhile. A few friends have told me to wait a couple of minutes for the screen to disappear. Therefore I have tried waiting 15 minutes then up to 1 hour. With no change in screen state.

I’ve updated my video drivers. All windows updates / redistributables. Nothing seems to change the state.

My PC setup is -
Windows 7 64bit
Intel i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz CPU
AMD Radeon HD 6800 series Video Card
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 MOBO
16Gb of RAM

I was wondering if this is a common problem with people as the game is still in alpha. Or if I’m a 1% getting this problem.

Any help would be gladly appreciated!