Problems with hosting more than one server on SRCDS (Port Specification)

Hello Facepunch, I just recently attempted to host a second server on the same box, I have ports 27016-27500 forwarded, along with anything you need in order to host one server to begin with.

My problem, is that when trying to host a second server, it simply never shows up. I’m on the same network that my box is, and it’s failing to even show up on the LAN tab.

This is what I have for my first server, which works.

@echo off
cd c:\srcds_outlands/orangebox
echo Starting game server.
echo Beginning "Garry's Mod"
srcds.exe -console -game garrysmod +map rp_outercanals +maxplayers 26 -ip 0.0.0.0
echo "Garry's Mod" has now started.
echo It is recommended that you start Server Crash Recovery aswell.

And this is what I have for my second server, which does not work, regardless of whether or not the first server is up.

@echo off
cd c:\srcds_c11/orangebox
echo Starting game server.
echo Beginning "Garry's Mod"
srcds.exe -console -game garrysmod +map rp_outercanals +maxplayers 26 -ip 0.0.0.0 -port 27035
echo "Garry's Mod" has now started.
echo It is recommended that you start Server Crash Recovery aswell.

If I remove -port 27035 from my second server, and launch it whilst my first server is down, it works, as it assigns it to the default ports. (27015 SV / 27005 CL)

I can also, however, run both servers without specifying a port, but I’m the only one who is able to connect off of the server ending in 27016 (The default port it assigns the second server without specification.)

So, without specification, it renders users unable to connect to the secondary server, and it prevents me from having a static port for people to connect to, keep saved, and identify servers. Without having a static port, servers on a user’s favorites tab will vanish, and they will have to re-add a new port that the server is now on. Not like it matters anyways, as the second server does not even show up for them.

I guess what I’m really asking is, how do you specify ports for SRCDS? Much thanks.

TL;DR: Need to specify ports, I’ve already got them forwarded, my method of attempting to specify ports is not working, I’m doing it wrong, what do?

AFAIK you use +port not -port.

Changed “-” to “+” and got:

Unknown command “port”

You sure, bro? :u

[editline]12th February 2012[/editline]

Both servers are trying to use Port 27005 CL and it’s messing it up, I believe.

maybe a firewall issue?

The CL port will be changed automatically. Remove the “+ip 0.0.0.0” and insert “-port 27015” on the first on and “-port 27016” or “-port 27020”. Doesnt really matters, but the port have to be forwarded.

Check to see if port 27035 is in use by something else