Problems with hoverballs

hey there i got a BIG problem.
the HOVERBALLZ don’t go up or down… yes, i tried to set other keys for it, but it won’t work… O_O
pls someone help me fix it!!!

have you unistald gmod?

no.

it could be that the prop is too heavy, try changing the hoverballs’ strength or movement speed.

Have you froze the object? I usually forget to un-freeze stuff before using hoverballs

ohh… i tried all props… from the heaviest to the ones with the weight of 1…
i also tried it with the weight stool…

ALL OBJECTS WAS UNFROZEN. my spaceshuttle was moving, the only problem was it couldn’t go up or down…

uuum…have you actually selected numpad keys for the hoverballs?

A (noobish) ansewer: You have to press these buttons! (Of course, if you are [sp]dumb[/sp] enough not to do so.)

Yes ofcourse i did!!!

Then try using wire ones, see if they work.

Maybe u have wrong settings, like strength 0 xD

Yeah, make sure the hoverball strength is maximum. And make sure num lock is on too.

??? Didn’t think about that… Guess you had this problem at some point too?

omg i’m not a beginner…or a rookie…

OHH BTW GMOD REINSTALLED----->PROBLEM SOLVED!!! :smiley:

Now if only we could get the toggleable hoverballs working…

Normal hoverballs don’t have a toggle option?
Well you could just use wire hoverballs instead then.

The toggleable hoverballs are in Connan’s tools. Still trying to figure out how to use wired hoverballs. None of the tutorials are helping.

• Spawn the wire hoverball.
  • Spawn a Subtract chip.
  • Spawn two Numpad Inputs. Onvalue: 1, Offvalue: 0. Choose the numpad keys you want to use for up and down movement. Check the toggle box if you want to.
  • Wire “A” of the Subtract chip to the Numpad Input you want to use for going UP.
  • Wire “B” of the Subtract chip to the Numpad Input you want to use for going DOWN.
  • Wire “ZVelocity” of all Hoverballs to the Subtract chip.

How hoverballs work:
Hoverballs need -1, 0, 1.
-1 will make them go down.
0 will make them stop.
1 will make them go up.

When you use the subtract chip with the two numpad inputs, this is what happens:
Let’s say your numpad inputs use 8 and 2. 8 for up and 2 for down.
When you push 8, that numpad input will send the value “1” to the subtract chip’s “A” input.
When you push 2, the other numpad input will send the value “1” to the subtract chip’s “B” input.
In other words; Pushing 8:
1 - 0 = 1 (= up)
Pushing 2:
0 - 1 = -1 (= down)
Pushing nothing:
0 - 0 = 0 (= stop)

Hopefully that helps.

I don’t think my trouble is with getting the hoverballs to go up or down; it’s to get them to turn off completely. Basically turn them into dead weight on command.

yeahh toggleable hovetrbalss… sounds good:)
and what’s the problem with the toggleable ones, MattWBrad