I’ve been working on a procedural city generator using tilesets. It can generate a city of any size with fully enterable buildings in one minute.
Features (planned and current:)
- Generates a city based on a tiled grid (tilemesh)
- Fully enterable buildings with generated interiors (toggleable per building)
- Separate the city into district types (Residential, Commercial, Highrise, Park, Industrial)
- Individual buildings can be collapsed in editor, allowing for further customization
- Easy to modify base, meaning you can change the overall look to suit your map.
- Doesn’t support angled roads or height variations. You have to create separate “cities” and connect them manually
- You still have to compile the map (obviously)
- I can’t figure out how to guarantee houses face the roads. This should be possible but I can’t figure it out atm. Currently, you have to manually select which side is facing the road.
Follow my twitter to stay up to date and view more gifs. https://twitter.com/gvarados/status/1328506801835433984