Project FPSRTS

Project FPSRTS
Project FPSRTS is a gamemode that combines both action from FPS games and RTS games into one style of gameplay.
I’m simply trying to make a fun gamemode that is simplistic and fluid. There are lots of planned features but why spoil it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Update 1
New video Demo #2. (The description in the video tons more descriptive than this post)
New features.
Different Camera Modes.
Improved Aiming/Lock-on system.
Threat Rings.
Auras.

More to come, don’t worry!

Video Demonstrations:

Newest Video - Demo 2

Old Video - Demo 1
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ua9R-GKYnI

Looking great!

Looks interesting… but could you perhaps elaborate more on what this gamemode is about, because all I can seem to make it out is that you walk around and shoot in third person with a cursor. I mean, what sort of goals do you have, what are you trying to accomplish, what do you have planned, etc.

this reminds me of a game i used to play back in ~ 2002 but i forgot the name, Anyways, It looks really good.

Kinda like Alien Swarm. Looks pretty cool though.

I take it we’ll see some kind of squad-level RTS control in this as well? The camera looks nice, but if you’re going to call it an FPSRTS I think we’d like to see some RTS in there too.

This reminds me of that blackops easteregg/ minigame where you fought zombies from a top down view.

Op has been updated.

Update 1
New video Demo #2. (The description in the video tons more descriptive than this post)
New features.
Different Camera Modes.
Improved Aiming/Lock-on system.
Threat Rings.
Auras.

Loving the look and feel, but I still don’t see how this is an “RTS”. Are you going to allow ordering of the frendlies and such in the future?

So it’s Empires in GMod. Sounds good to me.

After seeing the videos, this seems a whole lot more like Diablo with a keyboard rather than a comprehensive RTS.