Prop Hunt/ Murder Map

Today I started making a Prop Hunt/ Murder map. I plan to make some adjustments depending on the game mode ex. making the murder version darker + vents in between rooms.
Here’s a walkthrough of the block out, the lighting is really bad and there aren’t many props but I plan to update this when significant progress is made. Can’t wait to port this to S&Box!

11 Likes

Wow, that looks great already! Nice tactical use of the cloth on the first staircase lol :sweat_smile: I love how open and modern some areas of the map feel.

1 Like

haha, you saw right through my lazy cloth solution :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Pffft nah mate I do the exact same thing, it’s a GOD TIER use of Valves chad cloth physics

Here’s a little update, adjusted the lighting a bit and furnished some rooms as well as added textures!
Tomorrow I’ll keep furnishing rooms and post updates then.

2 Likes

I like the look so far! Murder and especially prop hunt allow you to get really creative and start throwing in bunch of different things into a map, it’s one of the more fun game modes to build a map around.

1 Like

That volumetric lighting looks siiiick. I like all the sort of indented areas for the things like washing machines, wardrobes, etc. The pool/game room with the bar in it looks great aswell.

1 Like

it’s a mansion :smiley:

1 Like

This is amazing, the layout of the actual house is architecturally awesome.

2 Likes

I think the flow of the map looks promising already! Good start!

1 Like

Here’s a big update! Most rooms are partially furnished and textured. The lighting in most rooms has also been adjusted.
Here’s the video: https://youtu.be/_7d1Nlktm1I

1 Like

Im digging the ambience of the first room, nice use of cloth on the stairs!