Propper Help!

** Executing...
** Command: propper.exe
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike" "d:\garrys mod map\rp_murray_hill
ight\models\phone booth"

* Could not execute the command:
   propper.exe -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike" "d:\garrys mod map\rp_murray_hill
ight\models\phone booth"
* Windows gave the error message:
   "Access is denied."

Propper cant compile the models for some reason and i get that error?

“phone booth”

I don’t think models can have spaces

Ok, i accidentally fixed that now i get this

** Executing...
** Command: propper.exe
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike" "d:\garrys mod map\rp_murray_hill
ight\models\phone_booth"

Can't load C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin\filesystem_stdio.dll.
Can't load C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin\filesystem_stdio.dll.

Can’t help you there, I’ve never used propper

Propper was made for the source 2007 2009 sdk it will not work with post steampipe tools
follow this tutorial http://www.tophattwaffle.com/configuring-propper-for-steampipe/ or use te ZBSP from here http://forums.pixeltailgames.com/t/source-fbx-tool-and-bsp-proper-tool/2011 which wil work with css tools :slight_smile:

Thanks!

[editline]10th March 2016[/editline]

But that ZBSB, it does not make the models, it just puts them as models in the map right?

no zbsp does make a .mdl file but sometimes it won’t compile it and you need to build it from the .qc file where the vmf is using crowbar :slight_smile:

Could you link me tutorial on how to use it, im having many problems figuring it out as not .mdl files or .qc files are made :frowning:

there not really any tutorial out, but :slight_smile: put zbsp.exe in the bin folder where hammer is with the other compile tools vbsp vvis and vrad, put deferred_ents.txt where you have the .vmf file usually in a folder called mapsrc then when you come to compile the map and configuration window pops up click EDIt make a new setting call it zbsp close that then find zbsp in the drop down list and click CMD click vbsp program and add -game $gamedir $path$file to the param’s box the the click CMD’s again and click exectuable and find zbsp.exe in the bin folder and add -game $gamedir $path$file to the param’s box make sure bot cmds are ticked then hit GO it’ll then compile and make your model, make sure you ave created 2 folders models and map_props with luck you should ave model in the models\map_props folder if not in the folder where the .vmf is “mapsrc” you will see .qc and .smd files open the .qc in crowbar to compile it :slight_smile:

So, i dont have to put the brushes in a new Hammer file, i can just select them in the map and compile?

yes the brushes you want to make a model you tie to an entiy called a func_prop and just name it :slight_smile:

Then compile the map and all the models are made and all these t-junctions errors are gone?

[editline]11th March 2016[/editline]

Becuase, i have aload of windows and building, i want to make them all one massive prop

it would be nice to see your .vmf :slight_smile: but if the buildings are not enterable then yes make them models and the windows :slight_smile:

Ok, so, i have my map, i go arround, selecting everything that needs to be a prop, then compile it and thats it done or?

yes thats it :slight_smile:

And will it replace the brushes with the prop?

it’ll convert the brushes to a prop model :slight_smile:
" I thought you might have done a little test map to check it out 1st :)"

xD No, so im gonna try this now, thanks!

[editline]14th March 2016[/editline]

Reduced T-Juncs, but now i get this

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike" "C:\Users\Andromeda\Documents\Murray Hill\rp_murray_night.vmf"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Oct 13 2015)
8 threads
materialPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\materials
Loading C:\Users\Andromeda\Documents\Murray Hill\rp_murray_night.vmf
ConVarRef mat_reduceparticles doesn't point to an existing ConVar
material "andromeda/gibs/metalgibs/metal_gibs" not found.
Material not found!: ANDROMEDA/GIBS/METALGIBS/METAL_GIBS
Can't find surfaceprop asphalt for material FISH/GTAIVTEX/DC_ROADSMOOTH02B, using default
Can't find surfaceprop asphalt for material FISH/GTAIVTEX/DC_ROADSROUGH01, using default
Can't find surfaceprop asphalt for material FISH/GTAIVTEX/DC_ROADSROUGH02, using default
material "realworldtextures/new/metal2" not found.
Material not found!: REALWORLDTEXTURES/NEW/METAL2
Could not locate 'GameData' key in c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\counter-strike source\cstrike\gameinfo.txt
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_murray_night/de_nuke/nukblenddirtgrassb_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_murray_night/nature/blendprodasphaltgrass_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_murray_night/de_train/blendgraveldirt001a_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_murray_night/de_nuke/nukblenddirtgrass_wvt_patch
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
Material glass/glasswindowbreak070b is depending on itself through materialvar $crackmaterial! Ignoring...
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (2)
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (2)

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (-7000.6 2489.0 -298.0)
Leaf 0 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID 
Leaf 1 contents: 
viscontents (node 0 contents ^ node 1 contents): CONTENTS_SOLID 
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID 
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID 
Candidate brush IDs: Brush 2152681: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (-6985.4 2490.7 -298.0)
Leaf 0 contents: 
Leaf 1 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID 
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID 
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID 
Candidate brush IDs: Brush 2152681: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (1087.8 -3072.0 -298.0)
Leaf 0 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID 
Leaf 1 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: Brush 1513377: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (-2466.5 -476.5 454.0)
Leaf 0 contents: 
Leaf 1 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID 
Candidate brush IDs: Brush 1761962: 

Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (0)
Chop Details...done (0)
Find Visible Detail Sides...
Merged 94 detail faces...done (0)
Merging details...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
PruneNodes...
WriteBSP...
done (4)
writing C:\Users\Andromeda\Documents\Murray Hill\rp_murray_night.prt...Building visibility clusters...
done (0)
Too many unique verts, max = 65536 (map has too much brush geometry)

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike" "C:\Users\Andromeda\Documents\Murray Hill\rp_murray_night"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Oct 13 2015)
8 threads
reading c:\users\andromeda\documents\murray hill\rp_murray_night.bsp
Error opening c:\users\andromeda\documents\murray hill\rp_murray_night.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters: -both -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike" "C:\Users\Andromeda\Documents\Murray Hill\rp_murray_night"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Oct 13 2015)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     
8 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[2 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\users\andromeda\documents\murray hill\rp_murray_night.bsp
Error opening c:\users\andromeda\documents\murray hill\rp_murray_night.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Users\Andromeda\Documents\Murray Hill\rp_murray_night.bsp" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\maps\rp_murray_night.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
  "The system cannot find the file specified."

What does that error mean?

Too many unique verts, max = 65536 (map has too much brush geometry)
it usually means you have some complex brush shape maybe you have some cylinders or arches that where then vertex edited or maybe you made some complex displacement and unknowingly turned it into a brush
click view tab and goto the co ordinates -6985.4 2490.7 -298.0 1087.8 -3072.0 -298.0 -2466.5 -476.5 454.0 and look around for the offending brushes