propper help

I downloaded propper today, i made a map, with all the requited entities in it, then i ran the file through a batch file

@echo on
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\masonrulz\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\
"C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\masonrulz\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\propper.exe" -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\masonrulz\half-life 2\hl2" %1
@pause

and i get this output

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\masonrulz\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\maps>cd C:\Program Files (x86)\
Steam\steamapps\masonrulz\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\masonrulz\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox>"C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steam
apps\masonrulz\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\propper.exe" -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\masonr
ulz\half-life 2\hl2" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\masonrulz\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\maps\gene
rator.vmf"
Propper 0.23 by crazycarl. Adapted from vbsp.exe by Valve Software. (Jun  5 2010)
2 threads
materialPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\masonrulz\half-life 2\hl2\materials
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\masonrulz\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\maps\generator.vmf
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
Placing detail props : 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10
Writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\masonrulz\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\maps\generator.bsp
Building reference mesh...
metal/citadel_metalwall078a - LightmappedGeneric
Read successfully
LightmappedGeneric converted to vertexlitgeneric.
Could not open material C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\masonrulz\half-life 2\hl2\materials/models/pr
ops/generator/citadel_metalwall078a.vmt for writing! Make sure the directory exists.

Press any key to continue . . .

please help!

Whats the problem?

Could not open material C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\masonrulz\half-life 2\hl2\materials/models/pr
ops/generator/citadel_metalwall078a.vmt for writing! Make sure the directory exists.

Also try propper 0.22 if it doesn’t work.

if what dosent work? propper?

No, your car battery.

Yes Propper

it keeps having that same error, and i just cant seem to get it to work:/ no matter what material i use

Use the 0.22 version of propper.

Where can I download that?

here

intertesting. now when i spawn a propper entity (there are MUCH fewer of them now) its values are in smartedit, and they are shown as obsolete signs…

Restart hammer.

ok, i found out that that versions of proppers entities are named differently. i try compiling it with the edited vbsp, and itdos the same thing that happened when i ran the newer version through it. that version also has a ton of less editing options, so im working on making the newer version now. anyone know what might be causing this?

EDIT;
this is the putput i get when i compile it from within hammer

** Executing...
** Command: propper.exe
** Parameters: propper.exe -game "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\masonrulz\half-life 2 episode two\ep2" "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\masonrulz\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\maps\generator
"

Propper 0.22 by crazycarl. Adapted from vbsp.exe by Valve Software. (Jan  4 2010)
Command line: "propper.exe" "propper.exe" "-game" "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\masonrulz\half-life 2 episode two\ep2" "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\masonrulz\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\maps\generator

" 

usage  : propper [options...] mapfile
example: propper -onlyents c:\hl2\hl2\maps	est

Common options (use -v to see all options):

-v (or -verbose): Turn on verbose output (also shows more command
                    line options).

-low        : Run as an idle-priority process.

-vproject <directory> : Override the VPROJECT environment variable.
  -game <directory>     : Same as -vproject.

Bump, I seriously need help with this :confused:

You downloaded the orangebox version right?

I downloaded ALL versions from the wiki.

Did you install every version?

Yes, I merged the downloaded version of the sourcesdk folder into my sourcesdk colder as it told me. I have the entities and everything as well.

Bumpty bump bump :confused:

Here is what you do for Propper. Do not make a MAP but make your prop with Propper and then add the OP\ptions entity and if you want it to be a physics prop, add the physics entity. Do not create a map and then the props and have the entities required. I am not really fully understanding what you are saying, but this is where I am coming from.

Google Propper and find the Wiki page on how to do it. Also, if you check my youtube page soon I will have a tutorial up on it for the propper.

My new mega map has a LOT of physics props in it so I use propper quite often for I cannot work Milkshape for my fucking life lol.

If you need more help or more defined help, add me on Steam. Username SiloSloth

i did all of that. i watched the vid around 4 times. i followed it to the WORD (cept during the instillation phaze, as it used an older version of the download, i just followed the wikis instruction for instillation) and it just dosent work D:

bump :confused: still cant get it to work