Propper won't compile model

Hey everyone,

I’m having a problem with Propper that I can solve myself. Each time I compile a propper_model, the materials are created but never the actual model. I’m following the instructions listed here. Here’s a copy of the compile log. Thanks for the help.

** Executing...
** Command: propper
** Parameters: -game "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod" "c:\users	homas\desktop\mapping\active\rp_city17\shop_door01"

Propper 0.32. Originally written by Carl Foust, fixed and compiled for SDK Base 2013 by tuxxi. Adapted from vbsp.exe by Valve Software. (May 25 2016)
8 threads
materialPath: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\materials
Loading c:\users	homas\desktop\mapping\active\rp_city17\shop_door01.vmf
Could not locate 'GameData' key in d:\games\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\gameinfo.txt
===============================
Creating model: "ackua/shop_door01"
===============================
Building mesh...
Material: tools/toolsnodraw - Material deemed invisible. No conversion needed.
Material: storefront_template/storefront_template001c - LightmappedGeneric converted to vertexlitgeneric.
Material: storefront_template/storefront_template001d - LightmappedGeneric converted to vertexlitgeneric.
Writing C:\Users\Thomas\Desktop\Mapping\Tools\Propper\propsource\ackua/shop_door01_ref.smd
52 triangles written.
------------------------
Building physics mesh...
Collision model created with 7 pieces.
Writing C:\Users\Thomas\Desktop\Mapping\Tools\Propper\propsource\ackua/shop_door01_phys.smd
84 triangles written.
------------------------
Writing C:\Users\Thomas\Desktop\Mapping\Tools\Propper\propsource\ackua/shop_door01.qc
Done.
Compiling the model:
studiomdl.exe -fullcollide -game "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod" "C:\Users\Thomas\Desktop\Mapping\Tools\Propper\propsource\ackua/shop_door01.qc"
---Please Wait---
Studiomdl complete!
0 seconds elapsed

Propper is broken on steampipe, if you could use the TopHattWaffle guide for this, it’ll likely work.

he’s using the proper 2013 https://github.com/tuxxi/propper-2013/releases/ which should work with any hl2/source steampipe game and no longer needs 2006/7 SDK , try saving the model to the Gmod install and not across drives from D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod to c:\users homas\desktop\mapping\active\rp_city17\shop_door01

It should already be saving to the Gmod install. The model and material path default to sourcemod. I don’t believe it gives me an option to save the model/material elsewhere.

yeah just made a small model and it seems Gmod’s studio.MDL don’t output a mdl file for some reason but make the same model in HL2EP2 Hammer the model is output to the correct folders, you could use hl2ep2 hammer to make your model or using the prop source that gmod makes use crowbar to compile the .QC

Found a workaround that hopefully won’t cause future issues with my Garry’s Mod. Just moved the studiomdl.exe from HL2 to Gmod and it’s working now. Thanks for the help, taz0.

Thank you so much :slight_smile: