So Hex, our favourite psychopath apparently released a public ban list addon called Skid Check a while ago (in 2012, even on Facepunch). This was mentioned in the “Shit that gets you mad in Gmod” thread.
This is worth a PSA because we found out in that thread that
- He still updates it
- People actually use this addon, conned into thinking that this is good for their servers.
- He decided to ban me from my own gamemode with it. I’m not having it, so a cat and mouse game has started on whether that piece of malicious shit works in DarkRP.
Some notable people on this list:
- People who are subscribed to certain addons on the workshop
- People with VAC bans
- People with an “Unknown Hack”
- Some people “on accident” apparently.
About the last time we had a discussion on this:
Read this thread:
especially when the thought “But it’s the server owners’ choice to install the addon” pops up. That argument in particular has had some discussion already.
One amazing fact Hex’ thing and “autism awareness day” have in common is that Willox is on it
Again, I will ask to look beyond the fact that Willox is on there. No one can be trusted with the power to decide who gets banned and who doesn’t on any server. Not even when the addon is installed voluntarily and not even when the author of the ban list is the god damn Dalai Lama, which hex definitely isn’t.