Psychonauts Character Models

Well, I’ve been trying to find a way to rip models from Psychonauts for a few days with no success. 3D Ripper DX does not work and apparently no one has created a decompiler/importer for .plb files. PLB files are the model files in the game which are stored in .ppf files compressed files at ‘\steamapps\common\psychonauts\WorkResource\PCLevelPackFiles’

If anyone has any luck, please post.

I also would like to see this done. Unfortunately, I’ve never gotten 3D Ripper working at all, and I don’t think I can reverse-engineer the format.

Dang, now I want to go play that game again…

No worries, I actually managed to get a copy of psychonauts on disc which worked with 3D Ripper DX as oppose to the Steam version, I’m only going to port a few characters though. If someone wants to do more I’ll post a tutorial tomorrow. I’m almost done rigging Agent Cruller and Sasha Nein is next up. They will both be useable player models :slight_smile: Pics should be up tomorrow, and possibly even a download.

Woo! Ford Cruller is close to done, next up is Agent Nein and Boyd.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8219/201005041525.png

Awesome, dude!

Censors if nothing else.
D:

Wow. Excellent work so far, man.

Can we get Raz at some point? :slight_smile:

I strongly suggest you do the Milkman.

Wait, that sounded a lot less dirty in my head.

I plan on rigging Sasha Nein, The Milkman or Boyd, and one of the G-men.

I’ll probably get back to working on these this weekend, I’ve got an AP exam tomorrow which I’m ‘studying’ for right now.

EDIT: sigh My computer died today, as in it won’t turn on. It’s got some major issues so I probably won’t be working on this for a while. Sorry for anyone that was anticipating a release within the following week(s).