Question about "absolute" hardpoints

I recently started modeling for the cosmos gamemode, and their models use attachments
attempting to use this: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/$attachment VDC article to create them from the origin using the “absolute” thing. but i got some weird error in studiomdl.
Can someone post an example “absolute” attachment qc line?

From “sourcesdk_content f\modelsrc\player\heavy\scripts”

$attachment "eyes"     "bip_head"  0         83.274592 1.8 absolute

The problem is i cant make bones properly.
so i dont have anything to put as the attachment point.

Yeah well it has a bone, if you didn’t put one in it will automatically create one at 0, 0, 0 named after your mesh

uhh.
Okay so i have

$attachment "wingleft"     "polymsh1"  "-1.18 -0.28 -1.4" -0 -0 -0

The mesh is named polymsh1

but i get

ERROR: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\jaymiley\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\models\laptop\fighter.qc(9): - unknown attachment (wingleft) option: ERROR: Aborted Processing on 'laptop\fighter.mdl'

And when i have

$attachment "wingleft"  "polymsh1"  "-1.18 -0.28 -1.4" "-0 -0 -0"

I get

Line 9 is incomplete

-snip-

$attachment "wingleft"     "polymsh1"  -1.18 -0.28 -1.4 -0 -0 -0

-or-

$attachment "polymsh1"     "wingleft"  -1.18 -0.28 -1.4 -0 -0 -0

both ones i get

ERROR: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\jaymiley\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\models\laptop\fighter.qc(8): - unknown attachment (polymsh1/wingleft) option: ERROR: Aborted Processing on 'laptop\fighter.mdl'

Maybe xsi doesnt automatically crete the bones?

I’m almost positive you have to have at least one bone in a model. The exporter should create one if you don’t have one already.

If the model compiles fine without the attachments, pop it open in HLMV and check to make sure your bone name is correct. You can also create an attachment from HLMV (the .qc part, at least) so that might be looking into to make sure everything is correct. EDIT: Or edit an attachment. I can’t remember off the top of my head.

Okay. Thanks, ill check that out

How do you check the name of a bone in hlmv?

Nvm, found it.
apparently the bone is just called polymsh.
Ill try that now

I still get the “unknown attachment” error

How do you create custom bones in xsi?

Still needing to fix this

Anyone?

(User was banned for this post ("Bump bumpity bump" - mahalis))