[Questions] How start development on s&box?

Greetings, we are a little team interest to start development of a future server/gamemod on s&box. Is it possible to start mapping and more to get ready as soon with a nice version ?

Thanks you in advance !

2 Likes

You can create maps using the HL Alyx, Dota 2 or Steam VR tools. Just make sure to use your own assets

2 Likes

just get a key lol :smirk:

2 Likes

If you have loats of experience in gmod modding, maybe they could lend you a key. But for now on, you need to wait till release.

2 Likes

By server do you mean gamemode?

1 Like

Adam: Okay but isnt pretty different from the new hammer version ? I am familiar with the old one. But if not we can go on !

Barrel: Yes ok but I think it for the confirmed modder isnt it ?

Spritorodr: Okay thanks you, we have a bit of experience only so I guess we arent eligible for that but in this case we searching way to start development and create asset

Carter: Both, we looking to open a server with a proper gamemod

3 Likes

this isnt entirely correct, if you have no experience with gmod modding, you can get nominated by other means

1 Like

Oh, didn’t know that. Thanks

1 Like

Nice maybe somewhere I can propose my project ?

1 Like

you can make a portfolio and post it on either the forums or the discord

1 Like

Here, have a key :key:

1 Like

Just wanna make sure you understand how it’s going to work. You’re not really ‘opening a server’, you are making a gamemode that will run on servers.

5 Likes

Thanks for your answer. I will start with Alyx or others. But it mean I cant use a library of basic item and have to create every assets isnt it ?

1 Like