Quick (hopefully) problem..

This problem popped up some time ago, disappeared, and now it’s back. It’s getting extremely frustrating because I can’t map, and I really need to.

I click that.

I get this.

I need to map with the CSS version of Hammer, yet it won’t let me select it. So I don’t know what to do. I haven’t reinstalled CSS but I have opened it and loaded a map. I remember when I first had this problem, reinstalling SDK did not fix the issue. Resetting game configs didn’t help.

Try switching engine version and switching it back.

If that doesn’t work, try manually doing it with your arrow keys for Current Game.

Neither worked. Thanks anyway.

Have you tried restarting steam?

Just did, not fixed. Thanks again though.

Reset Game Configs in the SDK menu, that fixes almost any config problem.

Have you installed source sdk base?

Just did, no effect.

Try creating a hammer shortcut and then in the properties, go to the target directory or whatever and after all the stuff inside that line, put something that would set that engine to default game you want?

I am not good at hammer but maybe that would work. If someone reads this and knows what I am talking about but can explain it better, please tell him. Thanks

I understand what you mean, but I don’t know what launch parameters I would add. Also, I don’t think I can make Hammer a shortcut on the desktop.

Rename cs:s and hl2 gameinfo.txt and launch cs:s to get a new one

works for me sometimes

Don’t just rename it, delete it.

Reinstall steam delete every config

Just keep the .gcf files of your games inside the ‘steamapps’ folder

Also try to run CSS once before starting source sdk, it’s very well possible that it can’t find config files from the game.

I did.

I’d like to do whatever else I can before I reinstall Steam.

Delete your C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\username\sourcesdk folder. Everything will re download, so you won’t really miss anything.

Well, it’s almost a day ago you made the post, you could’ve reinstalled steam a 100 times already. As long as you keep the gcf files it only takes 3-4 minutes to install steam. Hope it fixes it for you :wink: