Quick question about coding weapons

So basically, I want to know if it’s possible for me to use a model from Call of Duty (like this: http://cod4.gamebanana.com/skins/34523) as a garry’s mod gun model. If so, what would I need to do to do this?

First of all I’m hoping you know that’s just a skin, not the weapon itself. Secondly, not simply, it’s probably going to require you to have decent modeling/rigging knowledge I’m fairly sure.

1.) I know it’s just the skin
2.) I didn’t say anything about simply doing something - I’m asking HOW I would do it. Please read the whole thing before commenting.

I was just trying to get at it’s not something that can easily be explained in a couple posts, I wasn’t trying to be a dick if it seemed that way.

Thought it was CSS gamebanana, not COD4.

Yeah, no, see I want realism… err as much as garry’s mod and my server can handle

Realism? What are you talking about?

You can’t magically put a COD model into GMod and make it work. You must first decompile the model, re rig it for source, compile it, then script the weapon to actually work.

I really, really wish people could learn to read on this site. What part of “I didn’t say anything about simply doing something - I’m asking HOW I would do it” do you not understand? I don’t know about you, but I learned that when people ask how to do something, it doesn’t mean to become a condescending asshole. Here, let me dumbify that sentence for you.

“I know that it won’t be as easy as using Counter Strike models, but is it possible? If so, how?”

How about, before you act condescending, you read the whole fucking thread? Or is that too hard for you too?

I just told you exactly what you need to do. What part of “You must first decompile the model, re rig it for source, compile it, then script the weapon to actually work.” did you not understand? You won’t get exact guidelines here, this subforum is for Garry’s Mod scripting help, not porting models from other games or even modelling.

Sigh I don’t know if you realize this, but my last post was referring to “You can’t magically put a COD model into GMod and make it work.” Perhaps, before you post, you should read the whole damned post, as it’s obviously addressing that beginning sentence. When did “I know it won’t be simple to do” mean “So where do I put these textures to make them show up” mean the same?

I don’t even… Wh… What? Just stop posting nonsense and google “How to decompile COD4 model” for start.

Porting models from COD4 to Source is a rather specific task and I doubt anyone here precisely knows how to do it.

There is a very nice site where you can get the information you are looking for though, you may want to have a look at the following pages: