Quick Question about HLMV

So in the source sdk model viewer, you can pause an animation by grabbing the Frame bar.
Unfortunately, after I do this, I can’t get the animations to animate again until I restart my PC.
How can I get the frame bar to move without restarting my PC?

Restart the model viewer instead of your PC. :v:

Seriously, just restart the model viewer. You shouldn’t have to restart your PC if the model viewer isn’t wanting to animate a model. Restarting the model viewer itself should be enough.

…I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.

Honestly, how hard is it to use your common sense and click on the “Sequences” tab? I understand that you’re not familiar with the program, but you should at least make an effort to figure it out instead of trying one thing and ragequitting.

Restarting the model viewer doesn’t fix the problem for me, but oddly enough, the animations only stay paused on the models that I paused them on, if I don’t pause them, there isn’t an issue.

There are some helpful people around these forums Joe, but you don’t seem to be one of them.
Here’s a picture to better show my issue, as I wasn’t very clear;

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5892/7k2a.png

See that little bar? it moves to show the frames animating. I like to grab it and stop it so I view animation frames at my leisure for weightmap testing.
Now after I grab it, I don’t know how to restart it again, how do I do that?

Well, I don’t think restarting your entire computer will actually help. It may just be the fact that the Source SDK itself is being read as having been restarted - try just restarting the Source SDK itself and see if that’s making the model viewer work properly again. Otherwise, have you tried refreshing the model that you have loaded (hitting F5, in other words)? That’s usually the first thing I do, and it almost always gets the model going again.

http://puu.sh/3PVtU.png

Do you not know what frames per second are?

Even if you don’t, you still could’ve tried the various sliders to see what they do.

There’s a bar underneath all the sequences, with “x 0.00 = 0.00 fps”. That bar says how fast the animation goes, with the text next to it telling you the fps for it and stuff. If you drag it all the way, the animation will restart.

I was trying to get you to see it yourself, but whatever. Do what he said.

Thank you Omolong and Katra804, I know this was a noob-ish question to ask, but the courtesy is appreciated.

My sdk must be a little glitched as the slider didn’t do anything, but as soon as I restarted the model viewer and tried the slider again, it worked.

Sometimes you have to fiddle with it a little to get it to work.

And I apologize if I sounded rude, but it really irks me when people try to do something new, take one look and give up. In this case you could’ve easily clicked on some of the tabs and stumbled upon the slider all by yourself.

But I digress. Good luck with the model.