/r/RedditRustCommunity just got a new layout! Need opinions/criticism

Hi all

I run www.reddit.com/r/RedditRustCommunity and we just redesigned our entire look. We’re trying to be as close to the official site as possible.

Our community is for people who want to play the game without having to worry about KoS and griefers or abusive admins. Our server is friendly to all new comers who are just starting out. PvP is turned on but people have preferred to cooperate and trade rather than kill and raid (rhymes!) so far.

We run custom events and competitions. Our arena design contest ended in a tie so was decided with a rock fight on the Admin House Bridge. All admins are friendly btw and dont spawn things for themselves. We are just normal players who want to enjoy the game as anyone else does.

Everything on the server is community decided. From the server settings and plugins to how we run and handle events. The main focus is always the community making the decisions.

We have some big plans for the future with some truly unique events planned, more information as we firm up the details.

If this sounds like your thing or if you just wana check out the layout, head on over and tell your friends :slight_smile:
We’ve already had two friendly clans migrate over to us in a week. Hopefully more will follow.

Please keep in mind we do this for the good of the community and pay for the server out of our own money. We don’t ask for donations.
We’re hoping to grow this as much as possible and if it works provide servers in other regions of the world. We’re currently based in London.

Thanks for reading,
Een

Hey, the skin hurts my eyes a little, you should augment the font size. Also, where is the server based ?

Hi

Thanks for the feedback.

Is it the background or foreground thats causing issues?

Yeah I thought the same about the font size but my eyes are terrible so didn’t know if it was just me.

The server is based in London, Uk. But as I mentioned, we are hoping to expand in time.
We’ve only been running a week and are getting around 20 concurrent players atm on a night. Every day it’s increasing.

The background is fine, the font size is the problem I think.
It’s great it’s in EU, I’m going on it right now !

I’ll have a tweak during lunch and see what I can do.

:slight_smile: EU deffo needs love, but we’ll branch out to the Yankees and Aussies and beyond ASAP :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome, admins are usually on but if you need help post on the subreddit and I’ll get back to you within a few minutes.

I’m also going to post about our next event on Friday, so ensure you sign up to the subreddit to keep up to date :slight_smile: