Ragdoll being shown as effect

I am trying to port over a model from a unity game to gmod with little success. I have rigged it to a ValveBiped skeleton and set up a QC but when I spawn it in, it keeps being spawned in as an effect. I will post the QC below. I think the issue may be that there’s not a physics/collision mesh but I have no idea.
QC:

$modelname "baronsmodels/abe.mdl"

$model "abe" "abe_reference.smd"

$SurfaceProp "flesh"

$Contents "solid"

$MaxEyeDeflection 90

$cdmaterials "models\oddword\abe"

$IncludeModel "m_anm.mdl"

$CBox 0 0 0 0 0 0

$BBox -18.76 -51.992 -6.592 19.667 52.052 84.886

$Sequence "ragdoll" {
	"anims\ragdoll.smd"
	fadein 0.2
	fadeout 0.2
	fps 30
}

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

There’s your answer.

You are simply compiling it with no ragdoll properties. Right now you are telling studiomdl to compile a static model, not a ragdoll.

Ah okay, how would I go about giving it ragdoll properties? Also, thank you for the support :slight_smile:

Well you yourself said, that it’s missing a collision mesh. Make one, add it in your qc and it should work.

Here’s an example ragdoll.qci taken from Valve’s source files for male 06:

Here’s another example ragdoll.qci taken from Valve’s source files for Zoey from L4D2 which is more up to date:

Here’s a custom ragdoll qci I built and modified over time that kind of combines both of the above along with custom values:

Look over these and try to get an understanding for how it works, then use one of them as a starting point and just mess with the values. You can use modelviewer and head over to the physics tab to mess with constraint values in real-time.