Random Crash after X amount of time.

I have been crashing frequently, So many to the point of were I needed to delete all of my crash dumps and crash again to try and figure out the issue.

Heres the crashdump file of what has been happening… hl2_140122_crash_2014_3_9T7_53_34C0.mdmp

Duel note, I crash most often in Stranded but have no issue with Stronghold.

Edit: Here are my System Specs :
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2

CPU:AMD Athlon 64 X2 4050e 46 °C
Brisbane 65nm Technology

RAM:3.00GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 351MHz (6-6-6-18)

Motherboard:eMachines MCP61PM-GM (Socket AM2 ) 40 °C

Graphics:DELL S2409W (1920x1080@60Hz)
2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 (NVIDIA) 37 °C

Storage:298GB Hitachi HDT721032SLA SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 42 °C

Optical Drives:HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH40F SCSI CdRom Device

Audio:Realtek High Definition Audio

Edit: The Dumps link can be found here so you can look at the crash file for yourself - Credit to code_gs!

Upload the crash dump to http://dumps.metastruct.uk.to and post the link.

Thanks code! Hope I can start playing again.

Is this your server? Also, the dump logs don’t reveal any issues.

Server? No, Its not my server… I was just playing on someone elses server and just random crash… Its truly odd.

Server stayed up aswell… Could Ram or Bad Cores be an issue?

Bad…cores? Well, a hardware issue would mean that it would happen on games other than Garry’s Mod. What are your PC specs? And I’d check temperatures as well, could be overheating (You can check PC specs and temps easily with Speccy http://www.piriform.com/speccy)

Thanks, I’ll check but I bet its not bad hardware, because I’m starting to notice that I’m crashing from particals more then anything… No particals, Purfectly fine, bunch of grenades go off and theres fire and sparks everywere, I may crash.

Also, Posted Specs on the OP.

Hey,
Got similar issue but my problem is that i’m getting those files randomly each time i ‘quit’ from the game but i don’t got no more crashes on a TTT server.
I just played in Single mode now and got another mdmp file now, could you check what’s wrong? Thanks!
Download link or this one

Why is your GMOD installed in USERNAME folder? Its for a long time installed in Common folder. I recommend you reinstall gmod, becouse it can be here some files from old version that can make mess.

Dump logs still say username for some reason, even when they’re in common.

But still, he should reinstall it is he have old version.

He doesn’t. Unless he hasn’t played GMod since April, it would be in common.

You guys are talking about mine right? If so, i have reinstalled two times.

Edit: Nvm, just checked myself the logs. So, what i need to do? I have played Gmod since the steam pipe and the changes to 11 > 13 and was working very well. Dunno what to do…

Edit 2: Ok my plan ‘B’ now is moving the currently GarrysMod folder to my username (since my username folder is empty), i’ll reinstall it again and see if it works. Going to update this post for more info.

Why would you move it to your username folder? That doesn’t make any sense.

Well, i have nothing to lose. Tried so many ‘fixes’.
But anyway, it’s ready to play, played a bit on single mode and quit from game, still creates a mdmp file…
Download Link or here.

PS: This it’s the first one after a full reinstall. No crashes, just played in single mode.

Have you tried doing a full vanilla game? As in no addons?

What you mean? I probably misunderstood what you said. :confused:

Have you tried playing with no addons?

Yes sir, tried play on a server without downloading any ‘custom files’ and game crashes, but got no mdmp files after that.

Does it crash in single player too? Have you tried turning off Steam Cloud Sync?