Random Loading Screen

Hello!

I am currently in the making of an SCP based gamemode, and was wondering. With loading screens could I have it like in the actual game?

If you haven’t played the game before, basically every time you load into the game there is a loading screen with a random image of an SCP with some text explaining what it is/does.

So in short, can you have a loading screen where every time you join the game, the loading screen is random?

Yeah, of course you could randomize the page it shows the user.
All done on the web side though.

I have a website, could you explain. I’m hoping on releasing today.

Can someone help me? (Don’t just post links without explaining what to do)

Make some very simple JavaScript that picks a random SCP from an array and puts it on the screen with InnerHTML

how’s that?

if you’re just beginning with php do something simple

look up a simple randomizer for chosen characters you entered then just use if() statements and elseif() statements:

<?php 
if($r == "blah") { 
?>

<html html html html>

<?php
} // make sure to close the last if statement
elseif($r == "blahblah") {
?>

<html html html html>

<?php }  ?> <!-- close elseif -->

if you just want two loading screens remove elseif() and just make else whatever isn’t the if at the top will be shown no matter what. simple stuff, shouldn’t be too hard good luck.

This can be done with a Array of photos with text on them And a JS Or CSS or something like that script

W3Schools

kk

You have to be willing to learn. You have been given more than enough information now.

Alright, I guess trial and error from now on!
One more question, I know HTML but should I learn CSS? I’ve heard a lot about it here.

definitely, html and css are known as a combination, html builds the site, css styles the site.

Do you mind if I PM you if I need any support with this?

CSS is good for the styling etc, but CSS will not contribute to the loading screen being random etc etc.

Well, thanks everyone for your help, I guess I’ll just post here if I have any more issues but I think I see what I have to do.

go for it

Alright thanks, I’ll close off this thread then, again thank you everyone for your help

UPDATE: Would this work?

[Mobile Task Forces]
image path = mtf.jpg
align x = center
align y = center
text1 = MTFs are small teams (ten to twenty operatives usually, although groups with more than 50 operatives are not unheard of) that specialize in specific roles or respond to specific situations.
text2 = Mobile Task Force E-11 (''Nine Tailed Fox'') is an intensively trained Task Force specializing in the protection and recontainment of SCP items kept at Site-[DATA REDACTED].
text3 = Their tasks include handling containment breaches by re-containing all active, hostile SCP instances, rescuing surviving Foundation personnel and terminating any rogue Class-D personnel.

[Night Vision Goggles]
image path = NVG.jpg
align x = right
align y = top
disablebackground = true
text1 = Standard-issue night vision goggles are given to MTF in the event of an electrical blackout.
text2 = Scientists are also provided with them, but are advised to focus on evacuation in a blackout.

[SCP-012]
image path = 012.jpg
align x = right
align y = top
disablebackground = true
text1 = SCP-012 was retrieved by Archaeologist K.M. Sandoval during the excavation of a northern Italian tomb. The object, a piece of handwritten musical score entitled ''On Mount Golgotha'', appears to be incomplete.
text2 = The red/black ink, first thought to be some form of berry or natural dye ink, was later found to be human blood from multiple subjects.
text3 = Multiple test subjects have been allowed access to the score. In every case, the subjects mutilated themselves in order to use their own blood to finish the piece, resulting in subsequent symptoms of psychosis and massive trauma.

[SCP-035]
image path = 035.jpg
align x = right
align y = top
disablebackground = true
text1=SCP-035 appears to be a white porcelain comedy mask, although, at times, it will change to tragedy.
text2=When SCP-035 is placed on the face of an individual, an alternate brain wave pattern from SCP-035 overlaps that of the original host, effectively snuffing it out and causing brain death to the subject. Subject then claims to be the consciousness contained within SCP-035.
text3=Psychological analysis has discovered SCP-035 to possess a highly manipulative nature, capable of forcing sudden and profound changes to interviewer's psychological state. SCP-035 has proven to be highly sadistic, prompting some to commit suicide with linguistic persuasion alone.

[SCP-049]
image path = 049.jpg
align x = left
align y = center
disablebackground = true
text1=SCP-049 is humanoid in appearance; however, the Foundation is currently incapable of studying its face and body more fully, as it is covered in what appears to be the garb of the traditional Plague Doctor from 15-16th century Europe.
text2=SCP-049’s touch is invariably lethal to humans. After contact with SCP-049’s hand(s), the victim (hereafter referred to as SCP-049-2) suffers [DATA EXPUNGED] and dies within moments.
text3=SCP-049 then produces a bag made of [DATA EXPUNGED] containing scalpels, needle, thread, and several vials of an as-yet-unidentified substance and begins dissecting SCP-049-2, as well as inserting various chemicals into the body. 
text4=After approximately 20 minutes, SCP-049 will sew SCP-049-2 back up and become docile once more. After a period of a few minutes, SCP-049-2 will resume vital signs and appears to reanimate.

[SCP-066]
image path = 066.jpg
align x = center
align y = center
disablebackground = true
text1=SCP-066 is an amorphous mass of intricately braided thread weighing approximately one kilogram.
text2=After Incident 066-2 (see Incident Report 066-2), SCP-066 began to display behavior highly inconsistent with its previous properties. 
text3=SCP-066 now displays significant mobility, and will produce notes and anomalous effects in the presence of any human, regardless of whether that human interacts with SCP-066.

[SCP-079]
image path = 079.jpg
align x = center
align y = center
disablebackground = true
text1 = SCP-079 is an Exidy Sorcerer microcomputer built in 1978. 
text2 = It is not known when SCP-079 gained sentience, but it is known that the software has evolved to a point that its hardware should not be able to handle it, even in the realm of fantasy.
text3 = It has passed the Turing test, and is quite conversational, though very rude and hateful in tone. It also displays a malevolent desire to escape.

[SCP-096]
image path = 096.png
align x = right
align y = bottom
disablebackground = true
text1 = SCP-096 is normally extremely docile, with pressure sensors inside its cell indicating it spends most of the day pacing by the eastern wall.
text2 = However, when someone views SCP-096's face, whether it be directly, via video recording, or even a photograph, it will enter a stage of considerable emotional distress.
text3 = Approximately one to two minutes after the first viewing, SCP-096 will begin running to the person who viewed its face.

[SCP-106]
image path = 106.jpg
align x = right
align y = bottom
text1=SCP-106 appears to be an elderly humanoid, with a general appearance of advanced decomposition. This appearance may vary, but the ''rotting'' quality is observed in all forms.
text2=SCP-106 causes a “corrosion” effect in all solid matter it touches, engaging a physical breakdown in materials several seconds after contact. This is observed as rusting, rotting, and cracking of materials, and the creation of a black, mucus-like substance similar to the material coating SCP-106.
text3=SCP-106 can pass through solid matter and will capture and kill its prey by pulling it into what is assumed to be its personal ''pocket dimension''.

[SCP-173]
image path = 173.jpg
align x = left
align y = bottom
text1=SCP-173 is constructed from concrete and rebar with traces of Krylon brand spray paint. It is animate and extremely hostile.
text2=The object cannot move while within a direct line of sight. Line of sight must not be broken at any time with SCP-173. Personnel assigned to enter container are instructed to alert one another before blinking.

[SCP-178]
image path = 178.jpg
align x = left
align y = top
disablebackground = true
text1 = SCP-178 is a pair of white stereoscopic (''3-D'') glasses with a rectangular white cardboard frame and lenses of transparent blue and red (left and right lenses, respectively) plastic. The item exhibits no unusual physical properties apart from a slight discoloration of the cardboard consistent with age.
text2 = When worn, the wearer begins perceiving large bipedal entities in addition to its ordinary surroundings. Entities reportedly exhibit a docile and occasionally curious behavior, with one exception.
text3 = Any attempt by the wearer or any other personnel to directly interact with the entities results in severe lacerations suddenly appearing on persons involved.

That’s all of your code? First off I’m not sure what exactly that accomplishes & second that’s doesn’t look like any sort of code to me…

No, that’s what I will be inputting into the code, lol. Just wanting to know if when I insert that into the array if it would work.

Also I’m new at this so any criticism give it to me, be it good or bad.