Realistic Water Physics

Found these two videos on YouTube I hope this will be a default tool gun feature in S&Box, I feel like this would be awesome and could be used to create some interesting game modes as well:

Garry pls.

3 Likes

I wish it was real

4 Likes

how do make real?

2 Likes

as programmers that is the question we all want to answer

3 Likes

Impossible even for near future

3 Likes

Perhaps not. Deep learning algorithms have already given us a way to mimic cloth physics with no discernable differences any human would be able to notice much faster than traditional models. It may just be a matter of time until we get a similar breakthrough in fluid simulation. Don’t want to get @Foxy’s hopes up though.

2 Likes

Yeah better not, realistic simulations really kills your computer, the best the game industry has right now is cheap cloth simulation and voxel stuff, we’re still some way before we can achieve realistic cloth simulation in real-time (and in a game, without butchering FPS).

Real time liquid simulation, especially at the scale seen in the videos, are so out of reach at the moment that I am sure we’ll get a realistic, 4k version of teardown, including simulating the properties of each material before it.

4 Likes

There is also what games like RDR2 have where the puddles and mud seem to be simulated to some degree, probably not much other than vertex distortions.

2 Likes