#Receiving Data Error (A cry to the devs for a fix)

This is getting ridiculous. Two weeks now and I haven’t been able to play this game. I’m not running the [development] version, I’m just running the normal, up to date experimental version. Two weeks and every server I’ve tried to connect to has been met with this same issue.

When trying to connect to a server, loading will do just fine, up until the point where #Receiving Data begins, once I reach there, the console (F1) will be spammed with the message Dropping Effect Generic. Just trying to wait this out does not load up the server. (I’ve tried for upwards of hours)

As soon as this happens, looking at resource manager, I can see that the game is downloading something at ~3 Mbs (Which is the maximum download speed of my internet.) My CPU reaches 100% capacity, and memory / disk usage is also flooded.

Specs
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Intel Core i3 2120
GT 640
6 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 Memory

I see other threads here already that are mentioning this issue, but I see no other choice but to continue bringing this up until Facepunch at least acknowledges the issue. If anyone has done something that fixed this issue for them, no matter what it was, please comment what you’ve done.

Same problem.

Same problem. btw im using comodo, you guys?

I cant use Steam because of my computer, so i want to use the Humble store, but how does the humble store do and how will it work after purchase ? PLEASE HELP ME

[editline]15th November 2014[/editline]

I cant use Steam because of my computer, so i want to use the Humble store, but how does the humble store do and how will it work after purchase ? PLEASE HELP ME

developers - gays who don’t even look through the forum.