Recommended Rates for a Role Play Server

Hello,

I am running a 16 slot DarkRP server with the usual addons. However my trouble is that the server crashes every 20mins, that is because my host tells me that the CPU is running too high which it isn’t.

What I would like to know is, will changing the rates effect the amount of lag and/ or the amount of crashes the server has?

I am willing to provide an information to help me out. I have not set any rates in th server.cfg.

What are the rates you are talking about?

Also try to remove some addons, and while ingame type in console “net_graph 4”, by that you can see the server’s fps and other information.

I have had a look at net_graph 4 and the entities are the ones that are peaking.

The rates I am talking about are these ones:

sv_maxrate 
sv_minrate 
sv_maxupdaterate 
sv_minupdaterate 

What does network rate have to do with CPU usage?

REMOVE ALL YOUR SHIT. For instance Wire, PHX, Shitty addons… Keep RP and code custom content. Win.

Server CPU usage increases when you send data to clients too often.

I highly doubt that’s the cause of a shitty DarkRP server crashing every 20 minutes using default rates.

Don’t use a listen server.

“I am running a 16 slot DarkRP server with the usual addons. However my trouble is that the server crashes every 20mins, that is because my host tells me

I think it is a problem with your hosts having too much servers on the same machine.

What addons, plugins and Lua modules do you have installed?

[editline]27th December 2010[/editline]

Oh, and who is your host? If it’s UKGame or a similar host that’s as shit, it’s because they overpack their boxes.

I have found your problem

Yea who’s your host. Will help.

DarkRP is very unstable gamemode, it will crash often.

It’s not unstable, it’s the fucktards who play it.

My host is ServerFFS, I have since discovered what the FFS stands for.

Addons:
* Advanced Duplicator
* Advanced Stacker
* Buoyancy Tool
* Doors Tool
* Durgz Mod
* Easy Precision
* Falco’s Prop Protection
* Hud Time
* Keypad
* Mad Cows Weapons 3.0
* Stacker
* Unbreakable (Admin)
* Voice Radio
* Weight Tool
* WireMod

I can’t uninstall PHX because it is standard with Garry’s Mod now. A lot of my issues have to do with my host. I am also running FastDL with a shit load of custom content, such as playermodels.