Recompiling scout for specific skin

Since I decided I want GRY, I took it upon myself to make a dark grey texture for the TF2 Scout.

I got the texture fine, testing it by replacing the RED skin on the default scout, but when I tried to turn it into a separate VMT, and recompile the scout for it (by changing qc’s $modelname to what the mdl will be and $cdmaterials to a specialized folder with the VMT, complete with extra $texturegroups), for some reason, I end up with 3 skins, 2 being uber heads, and the body stays the same. What am I doing wrong? Is it the SMD in the qc?

This is the VMT I used as the recompile’s primary skin, jason.vmt:

“VertexLitGeneric”
{
“$basetexture” “models/jason/jason”
“$bumpmap” “models/player/scout/scout_normal”
“$detail” “effects/tiledfire/fireLayeredSlowTiled512.vtf”
“$detailscale” “5”
“$detailblendfactor” .01
“$detailblendmode” 6

"$yellow" "0"
"$one" "1"

"$phong" "1"
"$phongexponent" "20"
"$phongboost" "0.1"    

"$phongfresnelranges"    "[.3 1 8]"
"$halflambert" "0"

// Rim lighting parameters
"$rimlight" "1"                                                // To enable rim lighting (requires phong)
"$rimlightexponent" "9"                                        // Exponent for phong component of rim lighting    
"$rimlightboost" "6"                                        // Boost for ambient cube component of rim lighting

// Cloaking
"$cloakPassEnabled" "1"
"Proxies"
{
    "spy_invis"
    {
    }
    "AnimatedTexture"
    {
        "animatedtexturevar" "$detail"
        "animatedtextureframenumvar" "$detailframe"
        "animatedtextureframerate" 30
    }
    "BurnLevel"
    {
        "resultVar" "$detailblendfactor"
    }
    "YellowLevel"
    {
        "resultVar" "$yellow"
    }
    "Equals"
    {
        "srcVar1" "$yellow"
        "resultVar" "$color2"
    }
}

}

The referenced vtf is in the correct spot, but for the normal, the vmt is consulting a different model path (my model is dependent on tf2). Something wrong, or should I explain more (I can)?

P.S. I know, I’m new to all this.