Recopilation to recreate maps from films/series/fantasy

I think that we can recreate maps from epic films and series. Upload the images of your favorite film or serie.

Futurama
Imgur

Imgur

The Simpsons

Imgur

Dragon Ball Z

Imgur

Imgur

One Piece

Gravity Falls

Imgur

Detective Conan

Imgur

Imgur

Pokemon Map

Digimon

Asterix and Obelix

Code Lyoko

The 100

Imgur

Imgur

Smallville

Imgur

Stranger Things

Batman

Imgur

Lord of the Rings

Do you like it?

3 Likes

I’ll be honest, I’m really thinking about sinking serious time into a middle earth RP map. Hopefully, Warner doesn’t nuke it.

gravity falls one could be a nice one to help someone get into mapping, not too complex, central area has just enough organisation to help someone understand building on the grid, but also without building too organised and statically, and the more out you go the more complex things get with cliffs, lake, waterfalls and rivers, islands, forests, and that big archway.
i know nothing about mapping though really, but it looks like it could be fun for a newer person.

1 Like

They have better things to do, don´t worry.

Yes, Gravity falls can be a good way to start considering that you need to play with the important tools.
I invite you to start on source 2 when s&box released.

Shrek

Doraemon

Imgur

Supernatural

Final Fantasy X

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Oh yes, we really do need a map for the entirety of the United States of America.
What is this thread honestly, is it just a dump of “cool places in media” under the tag of “s&box mapping”?

4 Likes

cool places from fantasy and based for series and films to recreate in maps

Ok cool, but can we actually see some maps? Source 2’s hammer has been out for some time.

2 Likes

Ok cool, but can we actually see some maps? Source 2’s hammer has been out for some time.

Sure, only wait when S&box is released.

or do it with already available source 2 tools. This thread is just kinda like hey guys this is cool here’s a bunch of pictures no one really cares about

5 Likes

It’s also good to get practice, S&box will see a public release when? 3, 4 months? Maybe more, that’s a whole lot of time to learn how to do good maps for when the game is released.

1 Like

Hanging Gardens of Babylon from Prince of Persia and or real life

1 Like