Red X when firing

I was playing Gmod earlier and I decided to get rid of all my addons and stuff like that since a lot of them are really bad. I got some of the the weapons I was using before and for some reason when I shoot there is a burst of red X’s that spread in a sphere shape. I looked around google and I couldn’t find anything about this or to fix this. I think I might have delete the wrong thing when I was getting rid of some stuff. I don’t own the counter strike source but I have the models. I didn’t have this problem before I deleted the addons and re-installed Garry’s Mod. Does any one have any ideas? Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Why did you get the models yet CSS doesn’t cost a lot.

cl_use_new_particle_system 0 I believe is the command. If the particles are missing they will show up as a cloud of red X’s

It happened to me too, but after 5 minutes of looking for the problem, I was able to fix it. Here’s how to do it.

1. Open the shared.lua in garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\WEAPONNAME\lua\weapons\WEAPONNAME\
  2. Find SWEP.MuzzleSmoke = true
  3. Change true to false
  4. ???
  5. Profit

Step 1 Example: garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\BFP4F Saiga-12k\lua\weapons\saiga_12k\shared.lua

It happened to Black Crayon’s SWEP.