What is ReDead?
ReDead is best described as a cross between L4D, Killing Floor and STALKER. The first version of ReDead was released a long time ago (before L4D was even out!). Despite its flaws it was a really fun game.
I have recoded a pile of features to use the new GM13 libraries and the NextBot base (the same stuff used by L4D bots and CS:S bots).
What makes ReDead so special?
Here’s a list of cool features:
● Challenging gameplay. A strong emphasis on teamwork and inventory management.
● A dynamic weather system. Thunder, lightning, rain and wind. The weather is randomized each round.
● Random events. They happen over the course of the round. Some are good, like scientists appearing. Some are bad, like temporary radio blackouts. There’s even an event which causes a wicked storm using the weather system.
● Intelligent zombie bots that hunt you down. They can also break through doors, breakable walls and windows.
● A bunch of cool weapons with their own custom base weapon which implements scoping, ironsights, bullet penetration and more.
● Melee weapons, including a hammer which can be used to build barricades using wood you find.
● An inventory system that is very modular and moddable.
● 4 human classes and 4 zombie classes, each with their own perks.
● Fancy effects. Motion blur, postprocessing, realistic drunkness/infection/etc, blood spatter on your HUD, and more!
● Lots of gore. Blow the torso off of a zombie with a winchester, commit genocides with explosives, instagib zombies with laser weapons and blast the heads off of zombies with pretty much any gun.
● Ailment system. If you are attacked by certain zombies you will start to bleed. If you are hit by most zombies you become infected. You can also become irradiated from certain things.
● Replayability. Never play the same match twice. The antidote spawns randomly around the map throughout the game, and the evacuation helicopter has multiple landing zones.
● Stats. At the end of the round awards are handed out to players who have accomplished great and not-so-great things. If you’re one of those fellows who hides in a corner while his teammates do all the work then you will get publicly humiliated. If you do cool things then you’ll get a pile of awards.
● ConVars that give the server owner complete control over most gameplay aspects.
● Quite moddable, i’ve included a bunch of stuff in moddable.lua for people to play around with.
● A custom entity loading system for maps. Do you have a map that doesn’t have spawn points on it? You can easily configure the map ingame with hardly any hassle. Any map that has a Nav Mesh is playable!
I probably missed a few things but you get the idea.
Fuck you i want to look at pictures
Where can i download it?
Here’s the SVN link:
What maps are fun to play on?
I included some maps in the workshop download, but there are other maps out there that can be potentially converted to work with ReDead. I will list some here.
Zombiesurvival: The map is kind of ugly but it plays well enough.
If you have a map you think will work with this gamemode then please share it here!
How to configure a map for ReDead:
Me: Lua scripting, texturing, modeling, mapping.
Omni: Put together the zombocity map. Zombie NPC model rigging and zombie viewmodels.
Hydra1k: Bug reports and patches.