Reducing Lag/Raising FPS

Is there any other way to reduce lag other then lowering the DX Level or lowering all graphics options? Because recently I have been getting a lot of lag in-game, and low FPS, which I never have gotten before, with the same specs on my computer all along.

I found that getting a better PC really increased my FPS.

Well, I have been playing on the same servers and maps, with the same graphics settings, and only recently started getting this kind of lag.

That sort of cost money, sometimes people might just not have the funds to keep buying a computer every time the game gets updated.

System Specs and Addons list might be helpful

Mayby your computer needs more memory.

Enable fullbright.

whats fullbright?

Disables engine lighting and so increases FPS.

the launch option dxlevel 80 will give you a speed boost

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651592 (even if its for DOD:S they should work on any Source game)

look under Shader Control the commands to disable things in game to get more performance

the other commands are not useful in this situation. you might want to type the command into console before you load a game with some settings. or try them while in game.

From Speccy:

CPU
	AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+	46 °C
	Brisbane 65nm Technology
RAM
	2.0GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 330MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
	Dell Inc. 0RY206 (Socket AM2 )	23 °C
Graphics
	SyncMaster (1600x900@60Hz)
	512MB GeForce 9500 GT (EVGA)	72 °C
Hard Drives
	488GB Western Digital WDC WD50 00AAKS-75YGA SCSI Disk Device (ATA)

And I just noticed my GPU is pretty fucking hot. I’m going to flip my CPU fan back around since I believe it is blowing the hot air directly onto my GPU, then I’ll probably dust everything out.

And add-on list:

Adv Duplicator
BlissContent
Dynamic_Gibs
Evocity2
GCombat
gmdm_resources
GMT2_BallRace
GMT2_Base
GMT2_Lobby
GMT2_PVP
GMT2_UCH
GMT2_Virus
Gravity Hull Designator
NYPD
phoenix-storms
SmartSnap
toybox
TractorMod
wire
wire model pack 1

And if I go to DirectX 8, can I enable particle effects (like fire), while using it? Because I’m aware that it doesn’t include those types of effects.

[editline]a[/editline]
By the way, I never got lag before this on the same maps/settings with the same specs.