Github Repository: https://github.com/Arizard/deathrun
OFFICIAl Playtesting Server (Australia, VHS-7, always on the most recent version (and sometimes a few versions ahead), 20 slots): 22.214.171.124:27410
Playtesting Server 2 (UK/EU, Redline Community, populated, 32 slots): 126.96.36.199:27085
I’ve finally reached the point where I’m able to officially release this gamemode! Over the past week I’ve been playtesting, gathering feedback, and improving the gamemode, and now it’s finally ready.
What is it?
Deathrun Neue is a comprehensive, feature-rich Deathrun gamemode produced by Arizard with the help of testers such as Zelpa, Impetulio, Baksus (and the Redline Gaming community) and A Faceless Baby. This gamemode comes standard with many popular Deathrun features - such as thirdperson mode, pointshop support (PS 1, PS 2), AFK timers, and a nominate/rtv mapvote system. The gamemode also includes lesser-known features, such as automatic button claiming, custom crosshairs, death avoidance punishments, and trigger zones.
The gamemode also has a focus on customisability, featuring various client-side convars for each player’s unique tastes, and also serverside convars to allow owners customize their server’s gameplay.
- Automatic AFK / Idle kicker (configurable)
- Death Avoidance Penalty (configurable)
- Pointshop 1 and 2 support - points awarded on successfull kill or winning the round (configurable)
- Map trigger zones - define an end-of-map zone to award players who finish the map (spawns balloons when they finish!)
- ULX Scoreboard support - easy access to common ULX commands through the scoreboard
- Clientside settings menu - Press F2 to personalize your experience - these save between different servers, so you don’t need to reset them!
- Celebration screen with MVPs - At the end of the round, the gamemode displays the winning team as well as MVPs from the winning team
- Mapvote - Players can nominate maps using the !nominate command, and can trigger mapvotes using the !rtv command
- Weapons - CS:S weapons are included by default, so no tricky configurations! The included weapons feature proper recoil, decreased running accuracy and headshot multipliers.
- Custom HUD Support - the default HUD shows Health, Velocity, round timer, team, and ammo. 2 other HUDs are included by default, one with a Sassilization theme, and the other with the classic deathrun (Mr. Gash) theme. The HUD layout and positioning can be configured by each players!
- Custom crosshairs - based on the CS:GO crosshair convars, players can type !crosshair to change the appearance of their crosshair - change things like color, stroke width, length, and gap.
- Singleplayer support - Joining an empty server will allow you to explore the map in godmode.
- Autojump - autojump is included by default, as well as an autojump velocity cap - this is configurable by the server owner.
- Button Claiming - to claim a button, walk towards it and stand near it. No other players can press your claimed button. This prevents “button stealing”.
- Unstuck command
- Download this zip file
- Extract deathrun-master to your garrysmod/gamemodes directory
- Rename deathrun-master to deathrun
- In your server.cfg add or modify the gamemode line, such as the following:
Or, if you prefer to use the command line, modify the gamemode parameter such as the following:
- Start your server and enjoy! Please refer to the following Hooks and ConVars which will allow you to configure and customize your server.
Hooks and ConVars
The gamemode is still very frequently being updated - if you wish to edit any core files, PLEASE tell me first so that I can see if it’s possible to add the necessary hooks for it. I would rather you ask me to add the hooks than to have you lose all your work because you needed to update the gamemode.
Changelog - updates may be more frequent than what is mentioned here
- Added a convar to change the Death team’s default playermodel
- The gamemode records the player’s nickname so that it can be accessed while the player is offline. Updated on player join.
- Fixed weapon pickup code (for included weapons)
- Disabled fall damage for the Death team
- Map completion times are recorded to sv.db, the top 3 records for a map are shown in the end zone
- Raised stuck command cooldown to 30s and players can no longer use the command if they have taken damage in the past 30s
- Fall damage closely approximates CS:S fall damage (no more random deaths!)
- Added a toggle switch to the scoreboard to enable “small mode” to take up less vertical space
- Added a temporary weapon drop blacklist on line 523 in init.lua . Add the weapon class to the stop_the_drop table to prevent players from being able to drop the weapon with Q.
- Added a hook to add custom stats to stats display on round start
- Made flashbangs work through glass
- Hopefully fixed the issue where players could go to spectator but stay on the death team, and end up earning points
- Added a !stuck command to free trapped players ( limited to 10s cooldown and 10 unit teleport distance )
- Stats are now tracked properly (kills, deaths, runner wins, death wins)
- Stats are displayed to each player at the start of the round in a 3d2d window