Tired of seeing “Admin how do I play?”, “Admin to me, how to be gangster” spammed in admin chat? The Help NPC is a great answer to the questions of new players. Rather than requiring an admin to teach the basics to every new player that joins, this NPC does the job itself. A small but nice addition to any server. Yes, I know this is basic. But, it’s a free release, you can use it as you please.
Video (Bad Quality, and mouse is hidden, my apologies).
THE LOW QUALITY OVERHEAD TEXT IN THE IMAGE HAS SINCE BEEN FIXED.
- Supports every gamemode.
- Tiny file size, no FPS impact whatsoever.
- Easy to use config, almost everything is customisable.
- All changes can be made without restarting the server!
- Includes 4 preset themes to choose from, or create your own.
- Choose the number of questions to use, from 1 to 6.
- Supports any NPC model.
- Every single question and answer is customisable to your liking.
- Auto text wrapping, so you don’t need to worry about writing moving out of the panel.
- 3D2D text above the NPCs head that follows the player.
- Extract the zip file.
- Drag and drop the folder into garrysmod/addons
- Edit help_npc>lua>autorun>client>cl_helpnpc_config to your liking
- Restart your server and spawn the NPC from Entities>Other>Help NPC
- To save the NPC, use the Perma Prop tool (command coming soon)
- Finished! Your players can now use the NPC
If you would like to change the model of the NPC, you can do so in help_npc>lua>entities>helpnpc_npc>init.lua
As this is a free release, I do not offer support. However, if there is something you REALLY need to ask, add me on Steam (www.steamcommunity.com/id/shaunthehuman)
As with all NPC based addons, playermodels will not work for the NPC model. They will be T Posed, not animated.