Remove the new noclip and replace with the old

The title explains it all.

Mostly everyone completely dislikes the new noclip, it ruined the ease of posing and it seems to give the effect that I’m lagging within singleplayer. Yes, even when walking. It would be a better idea just to simply return the old noclip or provide a certain function to actually choose which kind you want.

I agree completely. I really hate how fast you noclip. It’d be cool if the normal noclip was like the old, and holding shift does what it does now. It’d make posing easier, and keep the (rather little) usefulness of the fast noclip intact. It’s a win-win situation.

God, I thought my PC was just messing up again when it got a bit laggy!

i like the new noclip lol
old one was to slow or to fast at sometimes

I get caught in the ground too often.

No the new one sucks.

Yes it was way too slow. Stick with this one.

To those who like the new noclip, I am guessing you never really build anything that needs precise movements, not the new jerky ones. It also makes it very hard to wire anything. Also, when noclipping through the air to position props now, its almost impossible to get it right.

What about posing does that require precise movement?

The new noclip is far more accurate than the old one. With the old one you always had this small glide, which meant you could overshoot you target. But with the new one you can slow it down, for precision, and have no glide afterwards. If this is unprecise then you need to get you head looked at.

The new one is great. I don’t understand why you want it changed back.

He needs to fix up the movement. Since it’s giving the effect as if I’m lagging constantly when walking ro noclipping. Yet when I get into a vehicle everything is perfectly smooth.

I still want the option to use the old noclip, regardless of your comments.

Then you have UClip, which sucks. Anti Noclip tool is way better.

I do build and pose precisely. This is much more precise. By the way, real men use scaffolding.

Laggy? You wish. What a random excuse that is.

Its only laggy because the server owner needs to update.

I’m not sure what you meant by that, but it seems like you’re saying that the new noclip sucks at precise movements. Just hold down CTRL and you’ll get precise.

To all those who complain about lag: The server you are on just has to update. Go tell the server owner to update their server.
If you lagg in single player, you must have done something wrong.

The new noclip is too jerky yet when you want to be “precise” it’s too fucking precise. I simply liked the older one better.

Also I play on singleplayer 90% of the time, and the movement is fucked so don’t take that as a random excuse you nitwit.

I personally prefer to walk up to stuff and crouch, or else hold the “walk” key while noclipping. I have NO idea what the “old” noclip was like, and I won’t guess or take suggestions not to keep the “new” noclip or keep it.

The movement is laggy even when the server has update OR in singleplayer. if you don’t believe me you either have a crap computer, slow brain or you don’t care. put cheats on and write host_timescale 0.1 That is the lag what I mean. It ruins not only slow motion but also motion blur. And it does show as jerky movement at timescale 1.

Next thing, the new movement code overrides a lot of stuff. You can’t use UClip because it relied basically on velocity, which is now missing. You just move a small amount forward, where’s the smoothness?

Some of the Anti Noclip’s features also became useless as the code overrides those too.

There was a thing called SuperFly which allowed precise and fast movement and did exactly this, but without jerking all the time. It did override the velocity though, but that’s small compared to what it’s in its current state.

“Its only laggy because the server owner needs to update.”
It’s not about that lag. It’s about the smaller constant lag which is PREDICTED clientside.

“If you lagg in single player, you must have done something wrong.”
Yeah okay, clean steam, clean garrysmod and a graphic card which can run crysis on me experiences that constant laggy movement, I definitely did something wrong.

“The new noclip is far more accurate than the old one. With the old one you always had this small glide, which meant you could overshoot you target. But with the new one you can slow it down, for precision, and have no glide afterwards. If this is unprecise then you need to get you head looked at.”
With the old one you could also slow it down and didn’t have to wonder why you suddently stopped fully.

And finally, the new movement is seriously against physics, objects don’t really change to opposite direction just like that. It even looks funny now when you see others noclipping. you can do squares!?!? instead of something slightly more natural movement.

I’m all for the fast and slow movement, but why did it have to do all this crap. It can’t be too hard to just override the default noclip movement code and vary the noclip speed according to whether the user is pressing speed or walk or not pressing buttons at all.

ps. I’m free to accept corrections and discuss about the subject of concern, just contact me over irc, same nick, any network.

Hold Crouch. You go slower.

ITT: Butthurt gmod players who’re also part of these two groups:
1: L4D2 boycott
2: Give us back ep1 gmod

Stop whining, you puny babies!