[Request] Converting weapon model from Team Fortress Classic to Source

Hi,

I am looking to get a Super Shotty weapon model and animation converted to be used in the Source engine in a mod called Fortress Forever. My problem is I have never worked on models before, let alone try to convert one from a goldsrc game to a source game. I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to convert it for me.

Anywho, here’s the TFC model dl page:

The animation seems to look like you’re pulling the shotty from overhead on the right side till it sits firmly in your other hand, with the hand handling the pump action part of the gun.
Here’s a video example: http://screencast.com/t/VoyiSFPD

TFC SShotty Screenshot:

Fortress Forever SShotty Screenshot:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Team Fortress Classic runs on the Goldsrc engine, which is basically the old Source engine.

Here is a step-by-step on what you have to do.

1. If you don’t have them installed already, install Source SDK, 2013 Multiplayer, and 2013 Singleplayer. Run each one once.

2. Download Crowbar, which you’ll use to decompile the MDL files. You can set Crowbar to open when you select any MDL file, which will make it easier than locating it through Crowbar’s file explorer.

3. Recompile the model by going to the folder where the SMD files are located. In there, you’ll find a file with the extension “QC”. Set Crowbar to open that file, then compile it using the Source SDK 2013 Multiplayer version.

And you’re done! This could literally take you 5 or 10 minutes to do.
This will keep all the animations on the model, as well.

But Crowbar doesn’t decompile Goldsrc models, he doesn’t need Source SDK 2013, all he needs is Fortress Forever, that skin and a Goldsrc decompiler

You can get a good Goldsrc decompiler here (GUIstudioMDL)
Then you can download the Crowbar decompiler and decompile the model you want to replace in Fortress Forever and do the same with the Team-Fortress one using GUIstudioMDL.
For the next part you need to have a basic understanding of how a Half-Life 1 / 2 QC file works, I’m going to guess that you don’t know how a Goldsrc QC file works, so if you want I can add you on Steam and guide you through it.

Crowbar does decompile Goldsrc models, or at least it does according to the list of supported games on the Steam group page.

But regardless, I’m not experienced in Goldsrc, so you’re most likely right on how to get Goldsrc to Source.