[Request] RAGE Models

I’ve searched but found nothing on models from RAGE, so I can only assume none of them have been ported.

How hard would it be anyway?

I tried rip something using Ninja Ripper but no luck. :confused:

A while back someone posted a link for all rage models on xentax. It was against the forum rules and it has since been taken down. But this is just models; textures are a different story.

Ninja ripper works on games using directx 8, 9, and 11. RAGE uses none of these. Instead, Rage uses the “megatexture” technology used by, for example, google earth. Rather than loading individual textures ranging usually from 512 - 2048, Rage uses textures of a size more like 248,000 x 248,000. This way the game only uses about five texture maps total.

In order to rip textures from Rage, some programming phenom would need to write a program that could read the megatextures, then read from the model the coordinates it uses on the texture, then punch out a usable texture from the megatexture like a cookie cutter. At least this is the only thing I can think of that would work. I just haven’t the slightest clue where to begin making such a program.

dont forget the fact that unpacking those all together adds up to 1 TB