Requests For Sonic the Hedgehog Models

Okay, first of all, let me start off by saying I have no idea how any of this model ripping/rigging stuff works, so please bear with me.

Anyway, I’m working on a REALLY BIG project. I need some models from various Sonic games in order to make this project a reality. If anyone is actually willing enough to help a guy out, allow me to comprehensively organize exactly what models I need, and from which game. Also, no one person has to do all the models. Several people can rip. I just need to know who’s doing what in that case.

SONIC ADVENTURE

Caterpillar Robot
Those Weird Rhino-Like Robots at the beginning of Emerald Coast

SONIC ADVENTURE 2

Chaos Zero
Kiki
GUN Hornet

SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG

GUN Beetle
Big Foot (the giant green mech originally a boss from SA2)
Guard Type Artificial Chaos
Float Type Artificial Chaos
GUN Beetle
The GUN Commander

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 06

Item Containers (No Inside “Item” Texture Needed)
Checkpoint
Goal Ring
GUN Soldier

SONIC AND THE SECRET RINGS

Blaze
Silver

SONIC UNLEASHED (X360/PS3 Version)

Tails
Amy
Eggman
Egg Mobile
Ring
Super Sonic
Spring
Meteor (From Dark Gaia Battle, if rippable)
Egg Fighter (w/ shield as separate model)
Egg Launcher (Don’t know about the horizontal or vertical missiles part. Maybe just base model with missiles separate?)
Egg Spinner
Chaos Emeralds (Preferably all eight, that includes emeralds in regular form and another for “powerless” version)

And that would be all of them. Like I said, I don’t in the least expect ONE person to do everything. Perhaps we could all reach a compromise on who does what. If I can learn how, I would be more than happy to rip some of them myself.

[editline]05:57PM[/editline]

Oops! Also from Unleashed:
The Help Bubble (If that’s even a model. I have no idea how it changes color like that.)

Well Blaze, Amy and Tails (if you want the links for all the Tails models I know of look here) have already been ripped from Sonic and the Olympic games I think. Theres a Silver model around somewhere and luigimario will be done with the one from the Brawl trophy soon. Theres LOADS of Super Sonics in various packs. I’ll have Sonic’s Spring from Brawl if I can get the damn thing to import properly. Theres also more than one Chaos Zero around. Don’t know about the rest though and the likelyhood of them even being possible to rip is slim (as surely if it could be done it would have been by now). Do some searches on this site, www.garrysmod.org and on google and see what you find would be my advice :slight_smile: (oh yea and theres rings in every sonic pack as far as I rememeber). If you want the links to them just ask, but it will take a while as my lists are all over :stuck_out_tongue:

WAIT!! I’ve got an idea! There exists a PC version of Sonic Adventure DX, which includes almost all the enemy models for both SA1 and SA2 I’m looking for. (One from SA2 isn’t, I’ll just forget about that one.) I’ve seen YouTube vids showing manually hacked “mods”, some of which have actually changed the appearance of the characters. (e.g., Sonic into Shadow, Sonic into Silver, etc.) If THIS is possible, that must mean the model files must be pretty easy to access. And if that’s true, I can just rip my needed models from the game itself! And I seriously don’t care if they’re compatible with GMod or not, I just need to animate them. That crosses off the first two games model lists entirely! And I’m gonna try to rip from the Shadow the Hedgehog ISO. So I’ve already gotten more than half of the needed files!

[editline]07:46PM[/editline]

New Model List (Models Remaining to be Ripped)

SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG

GUN Beetle
Big Foot (the giant green mech originally a boss from SA2)
Guard Type Artificial Chaos
Float Type Artificial Chaos
GUN Beetle
The GUN Commander

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 06

Item Containers (No Inside “Item” Texture Needed)
Checkpoint
Goal Ring
GUN Soldier

SONIC UNLEASHED (X360/PS3 Version)

Egg Mobile
Ring
Super Sonic
Spring
Meteor (From Dark Gaia Battle, if rippable)
Egg Fighter (w/ shield as separate model)
Egg Launcher (Don’t know about the horizontal or vertical missiles part. Maybe just base model with missiles separate?)
Egg Spinner
Chaos Emeralds (Preferably all eight, that includes emeralds in regular form and another for “powerless” version)
The Help Bubble (If that’s even a model. I have no idea how it changes color like that.)

How do you rip an XBox .iso, i’ve been looking for how to do that for weeks now. (also in these vids was sonic coloured like Shadow/Silver or actually replaced with a model of them? as texture files, I would expect, are easier to get at than model files.)

And i’ve never heard of a PC SA:DX, you sure they didn’t port the Dreamcast or Gamecube one and emulate it?

Well, I’m actually doing it with a Gamecube ISO, and I’m not ripping the actual game. I’m downloading it from a website.

As for PC SA:DX, I’m positive the PC version exists. It says so in the Wikipedia and more proof through the following video, which will also show you what some people are able to do with this PC game, that cannot be done in the Dreamcast or Gamecube versions.

<object width=“660” height=“525”><param name=“movie” value=“http://www.youtube.com/v/cY06uvzOg_M&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1”></param><param name=“allowFullScreen” value=“true”></param><param name=“allowscriptaccess” value=“always”></param><embed src=“http://www.youtube.com/v/cY06uvzOg_M&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true” width=“660” height=“525”></embed></object>

[editline]08:55PM[/editline]

Whoops. Here’s just the link.

Interesting video, I still didn’t believe it was a hacked model however…until I downloaded it. I cannot however find anything to convert .pvm format models to anything useful for you to use in a 3D model program (such as 3Dmax or Milkshape). However I found all sorts of sonic hacking tools while looking.

Also found a tutorial for level hacking: http://forums.x-cult.org/topic/4298-sadx-level-editing-tutorial/

Edit: Ah ha on that sonic hacking tools site there is a “PVM Unpacker” tool maybe that would work.

If you do manage to succeed with this i’d like to know as it would be nice to have them in GMod also :smiley: