Reskinning?

So with the latest update, I noticed I can no longer reskin a model via Photoshop. Is there another way to do this now?

If it involves exporting the model to Blender and doing it there…some advice would be very much appreciated. Otherwise, I’d just like to know how I can reskin an existing model

What do you mean you can no longer reskin it with Photoshop? Just extract the VTF file from the gcf, open it in VTFEdit, export it to .PNG, edit it in Photoshop, import it into VTFEdit, and save it as the original file name in the correct folder in garrysmod/garrysmod. I used this to remake the soda can texture, and I placed the file in garrysmod/materials/models/props_junk/

See that’s the thing. The only way I can download the ragdoll models now, since the update, is via the Steam Workshop, but I no longer see any VTF files. I see that they went into my Addons folder, but it’s just the gma files associated with the ragdolls

You’ll need to use some software to unpack the gma files. I haven’t checked it out, but apparently this works. http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1173875

Okay I’ll give it a shot when I get the chance.

Any luck so far?

I…don’t even know what I’m doing here. I never switched to Gmod13, still sticking with the original Garry’s Mod, but it got the same update. I’m not sure which one of those I should download and which one will work

How can you still have the original gmod?

Because I never switched it to Gmod 13? I dunno how else to explain it. I open my Steam library, click Garry’s Mod, and play. That’s pretty much it

What’s the point of not switching though? The majority of stuff that was taken out has been modded back in anyway.

See, that I didn’t know about. Plus as I said in a much earlier post, I had been offline for about 3 months due to no internet service, so I wasn’t even aware that Gmod 13 had been released or anything