resource.AddFile no longer working

Hello,

I manage a TTT server with one of my friends and he managed to set up most of the stuff but it seems that our fast download has stopped working. We had it working before but something all of a sudden happened. When people join, it looks like they are downloading some stuff but actually aren’t.

I’m not too familiar with it but I was told by some other people and looked at some other threads and saw that all your really had to do was use “resource.AddFile” in a file so that you can send the files over to the clients who need to download it.

For example our custom end game sounds are:

resource.AddFile("sound/namettt/sound1.wav")
resource.AddFile("sound/namettt/sound2.wav")
resource.AddFile("sound/namettt/sound3.wav")

Keep in mind I just edited out the names of our sounds/path just for this example. That code is within the code we have to initiate the end game music. I tried that beforehand with some icons for weapons and it seems to want to download them when joining but doesn’t actually send them.

Is there any thing else we really have to do? He seems to not know what is wrong and I’m stuck figuring it out.

Try making a blank lua file and put the AddFile entries there. Then place the file in lua/autorun/server/

Alright, I did so and it still doesn’t work but shows the server downloading(or want to download) the icons I added in.

For example, here is my code which is placed in lua/autorun/server:

-- THIS IS THE LUA FILE FOR ADDING NEW CONTENT!

--DAO END ROUND MUSIC
resource.AddFile("sound/daottt/sax.wav")
resource.AddFile("sound/daottt/starwars.wav")
resource.AddFile("sound/daottt/death.wav")

-- WEAPON ICONS
resource.AddFile("materials/daoicons/icon_dao_aug.png")
resource.AddFile("materials/daoicons/icon_dao_ak47.png")

What am I possibly doing wrong?

Snip that stuff up top, I got it to work! It was a problem with my fast download server but I fixed that!

Thanks and this thread can be closed!